Windows XP

Mike Hughes

I know some people have reasons for not liking Windows XP........and I have yet to figure it all out, but I must tell you how stable it is compared to ME. (millenium edition).

I used to have problems non-stop with Me locking up or whatever...........not since I installed XP have I seen that........currently, I have 13 windows running, and the system is running fine.......right about now in ME, I'd be rebooting.........

My two cents.

ServiceCEO

ServiceCEO Support
My two cents

Windows ME should be avoided at all costs!!!!!

It is the most unstabe operating system since windows 3.1.

If you need to choose a Windows OS, I sugggest in this order from best to worst

1. Windows XP-Professional- The real Deal!-
2. Windows 2000- professional
3. Windows 98 Second Edition
4. Windows XP- Personal

You stick with these you should have a nice base to run with.

Just my humble opinion

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
Mike

Try Linux and get out of the MS hole. I use Red Hat 7, but I still have my Win 2000 just because of certain programs. Red Hat is great.

Have you read my book yet? When you get to the last page please send it back.

Happy Holidays

David

Jon

Mike I have heard good and bad about XP, the bad is it is a SPY OS, yes it reports to MS what you have in your system and it does it everytime you log on, or so I am told.

Also you cannot install it without calling MS for a code number which changes everytime you need to reinstall it if the need arises.

Now you guys/gals can say I am wrong here but if I own more then one computer I feel I can legally install the same program on all of them as long as they are not used as network.

I like to have a backup computer, sure I did but it was not kept up to date so was out of luck 2 weeks ago, going to build another one soon and with the removable hard drive with everything backed up in it, files and programs I can quickly get back up and running if I ever have another problem.

By the way it was the 8 month old motherboard that was the problem which crashed the other computer.

I would love to hear from others using XP, either the home or PRO version.

I have always enjoyed 98 SE, not the upgrade but the full version which I have.

Mike what are some of the things you truly like about XP?

What about negatives so far?

Our Sponsors