Using two HP printers on one machine

Mike Hughes

I was at Wal-Mart tonight and saw a nice cheapie HP printer ($50)...........I am considering buying it for use in my truck.

My question is, can my laptop handle having two different HP printers installed?? I am using Windows XP Professional, and I have an HP OfficeJet 600 in my office.

Thanks.

Aplus

Mike,

Absolutely! All you need to do is go to "add a printer", and go thru the process of installing the drivers for a new printer. You will then be able to choose which one you make as the default printer. In any case, when you print you will be able to choose, via a drop down box, which printer to send the output to.

Normally, I would tell you exactly step by step how to do this process, but I'm not familiar enough with XP to do that yet. However, you could also use the built-in help function to find out how to install additional printer software, if needed.

Good luck, and Happy Holidays,

ServiceCEO

ServiceCEO Support
Adding additional Printers

There are actually two ways to do this with an XP machine.

First if you have the printer in the port before booting up your laptop, about 50% of the time XP recognizes a new hardware item and will prompt you if you wish to add it on.

If it does not recognize the new printer automatically, click on the start button, click on setting and click on the printers and faxes menu option. This will open up a new box with an add a printer option. Click on that and follow the directions of the wizard.

Good Luck

Greg Rentschler

Hey Mike,

I have 2 installed on my gateway laptop with no problems. An HP laser in the office and a Cannon BJC85 Laptop printer for the truck. The BJC85 has the I.R. Built into it so you dont even need a USB cable and has a portable battery back for full portability. Of course my laptop when on the fritz today so its back at gateway :(

Lookup the printer at www.mysimon.com it might be of interest to you.

Greg

Our Sponsors