Foamers

BryanL

someone mentioned foamers in an earlier post, have any of you used them and what do you think of them?

Przrat

Foamers, would not be without one. Saves on chemical, makes the degreaser cling longer to vertical surfaces.
ED

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
What type of foamer do you use? Are you the one who sells a booklet on hood cleaning? If you are I would like to buy a few for new emplyee intro.

Thaks

David

Przrat

Right now I am using a foam cannon. A line from the cannon to the chemical. I was using a small very efficient foamer purchased at Power America. They dont carry them any more. I think it was because the chemical purchases went way down.
Yes I put out a booklet.
ED

oguard

Epps used to make a foamer that worked on high pressure from the end of the gun. Spraymart now builds it and it is available from them. Simple and reasonably reliable, should be fairly inexpensive too.

BryanL

I tried Foamers that attach to your gun, and didn't think they worked very well, i tried many different combinations of things to help it foam, with only limited results. I them bought an air powered foamer, very expensive! and combersom to work with in my opinion.
I have also talked to poeple who swear by them. probably would have worked if I had contnued to play with the chemical mixture, but in the course of talking to my chemical supplier about ways to help with the foam, out of the blue he say, did you ever try corn starch. I figured that was too simple to work, but I tried it anyway. To my surprise it worked, sort of like a gell add,it makes the chmical thick so it sticks, have been applying it with a pump sprayer. the sprayer is the problem now , it limits how thick I can make the chemical, I just need to work on it more or find a way to pump the thicker liquid.
would a surflo system handle thick liquids?

Przrat

I currently get my foamer from xxxxxxxxxx. They have a web site and are out of Georgia. I dilute my chemical before running it thru. Dilution rate is 50/50 800 346-4876
ED

BryanL

Yeah I know the place.
I tried to order foamer from them last summer and was told that they had problems with them not working properly, and had discontinued selling them. It is or was called the foam cannon, I also bought one from Delco, it made foam, I just could never get it to stay foam long enough to be effective.

Dave Olson

The degreaser that we use in exhaust systems (Bonzi) sticks to surfaces better than any other degreaser that we have tired. We have tried a bunch of other products over the past 10-12 years!

tps-hoseendsp.jpg
We also use a hose end sprayer. We can put a foamer nozzle on it. We use this hose end sprayer on most everything that we clean. If we want to apply a 100% solution we fill the hose with product before spraying. The head on this sprayer is adjustable from 1-10 down to 1-3. Just move the slidebar on top of the head.

Dave Olson

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
We offer the PA Foam Cannon, the Suttner Foamer, the
extreme foamer and others. If you do not see what you
are looking for e-mail me for a price quote.

PA FOAMER

Attachments

• pafoamcannon.gif
    pafoamcannon.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 136

Przrat

Dear Mr. OGUARD
Just wanted to thank you for the foamer info. Found the exact one I have been looking for thru Enviro spec as per your advice.
Thanks again.
ED

Our Sponsors