Chemical over spray

Richard R.

I've never had a complaint about chemical over spray until tonight. A lady called to ask me how or what I use to take the haze and streaks off of her windows that was left behind by my house wash chemicals about 3 weeks ago.
Has anyone else had these complaints and is there anything in particular that you use to get the bleach and tide solution off of windows, or will I be buying windows?
I'm wondering if may have put something else in my wash with the
I'm assuming I can use the lemon joy and water with 0000 steel wool technique and simply squeege it off.

Her windows leaked so I was unable to adequately spray the windows during the house wash. She says she has use windex over and over without any luck.

Please help.
This lady is a big wheel at the Chamber of Commerce and if I don't make this right, it could hurt me.

Richard R.

Richard R.

Glenn, By the way,
The tape I was referring to in an earlier conversation with you is "Super Speed Window Cleaning", the "video", with Joel Andrews.
It's an old tape but is really good for learning techniques on window washing.

Thanks A lot for your help.

Richard R.

Mike Hughes

Richard,

Not that it matters now, but I stopped having this problem since I started adding "Pure Rinse" Liquid Cascade to my mixture......I thought you were using that too??

Clean County

Ditto to what Mike said. Ever since I've been using liquid cascade with my cleaning solutions I haven't had this problem.

As far as cleaning the windows way after the fact maybe the search engine can find a solution for Richard along with any replies he might get.

Good Luck,
John

reedsterstl

Mike,

Do you also add it to your cleaners for decks and fences? Or just to the house cleaner? Would tell me your ratio's to mix it?

Thanks,

Reed

Clean County

Reed,
What I do is in a 5gal. bucket I squeeze two big squirts of the Liquid cascade right into it. AS far as deck/fence cleaning I don't generally use Liquid cascade with my cleaning solutions. I have used it on a deck before a couple of times because of a bunch of sliding doors etc. ajacent to the deck but usually what I do here is I just do alot of rinsing on these doors with plain water so the chemicals will not stay on them.

A house is a different story that is why I ALWAYS use Liquid cascade in my house mix.

And where did I learn about this??? Right here on the bb a few years back.

Mike Hughes

Reed,

I never really thought of adding it to my deck cleaners. Anyone know if the Cascade would have any undesireable reactions to deck cleaning chemicals such as Soduim Hydroxide or Percarbonate??

Tim Mcculla

Two step or one?

How do you use the cascade?

As an additive to your normal cleaning solution? If so, does it have any effect on its cleaning ability?

Or do you switch cascade for the rinse? In other words 'two step cleaning'.

Can you be any more specific than two gulps of cascades per 5 gallons?

Thanks guys - I think this info can help. Tim

Mike Hughes

Re: Two step or one?

Originally posted by Tim Mcculla
How do you use the cascade?

As an additive to your normal cleaning solution? If so, does it have any effect on its cleaning ability?

Tim,

Yes, I add it to my normal cleaning solution. It also acts as a surfactant, makes the solution stick to the house a little better.

In a five gallon bucket, I give it three or four decent squirts of the Cascade......I never measure it.

ROBERT DUZY

WINDOW HAZE

IVE USED EASYOFF OVEN CLEANER AND SCOTT SPONGES TO GET HAZE OFF .OR GO TO DELCO POWERWASH EQUIPMENT WEB SIGHT YOU CAN GET A GLASS POLISHING COMPOUND THAT WILL REMOVE CHEMICAL OVERSPRAY . ROB DUZY /CORE PAINTING & POWERWASHING. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Tim Mcculla

easy off could cost you.

Rob, I would be carfull with the Easy Off. It is caustic and could cause damage. It will remove paint on wood and will yellow vinyl framed windows. If you are removing screen 'burn' I would recomend a product called Cyrstal Clear 550 (CC 550 in window cleaning trade) made by Winsol Labritories. It is slightly acidic and is great for removing mineral deposits and metal oxidation (screen burn).

I like th idea of avoiding mineral deposits in the first place - I'm going to try the cascade in my cleaning solution.

Thanks, Tim

mhpoole

window haze

My God you guys are scaring the hell out of me...lol. Im not sure how you would take the window haze off. But i can tell you one thing. If they are calling you to come pw their home, its pretty dirty. Most people in my area are not interested in chemicals sprayed all over hell and gone. When i say i just use plain water, they get really excited that nothing is going to harm their plants, kids, pets, the ground. Really i think most people are thrilled to death just to have the dust and minor dirt taken off of their house. Why take a chance on damaging a window pane or spotting some metals on the home. You would be suprised on what plain ol' water will do. And water doesnt cost much...

Mark Poole

Steven Rowlet

Mark, Would you take a bath without using soap? Plain water will not clean and if I were paying to have my house washed I would want it to be clean. A rinse aid aloung with a little wax will take care of the windows. The wax we use has a drying agent in it that will make a big difference with spots. The rinse aid was devoloped for washing cars on lots without chemicals and to create a spot free finish.

Mike Hughes

Mark,

I wholeheartedly disagree with tha theory. But, to each his own.

Do you wash your dishes, hands, or your truck without soap also? Plain old water doesnt cut it there, same thing with house washing.

It's really not all that hard to come up with a cleaning solution that doesnt damage a home................and, once you do, you will find that not only will your houses come up cleaner, but you will be able to wash them much faster. Give it a try.

joel wilcox

Richard,What were you cleaning off of house,dirt and mildew? If so ,I would suggest a mixture of truck wash(if really needed)and pool chlorine applied through your downstream.Be sure to rinse before it dries. As far as getting rid of film on windows it all depends on what you used in your cleaning solution. I've been washing houses for about 20 years and have seldom had to use soap. Most homes are just covered with dust and mildew. With my experience the less chemical used,the less liability you encounter. joel wilcox

Our Sponsors