• Mac

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Jon

AMD Athlon 1.2
512 ram

Would go higher on ram if Windows 98 SE would recongize it.

I was told it would by some and others say no.

Who knows the truth?

Jon

Dan, remove your hat, if you have a full head of hair indeed we are!

Ok try this, 40 gig C drive

also 40 gig D drive in removable as my back up system. I don't keep it on so if ever again my system crashes I can just disconnect the C and insert the D and I am up and running again.

Router with built in firewall so Remy's computer and mine are connected and we can both log on at the same time.

Your turn Daddy:) oh she is a truly cute girl too.

Dave Olson

Hi Mike,

We have had this CPU for about a year now.

1 GHz AMD, 128 ram, 80 GB hard drive. Doing a great job. Saw a new one at Sam's last week with 512 ram and 100 GB hard drive. Guess that will be our next one. :)

Dave Olson

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Jon,

60 gig for the c drive no extra back up drive. Got me there. But I do have 64 mg video card which is really a treat. More than I ever could expect. Everyone should upgrade to at least a 32 gig video card.

I have a dvd rom, cd burner, zip, floppy, new xp mother board for the AMD with fan. 8 USB ports and there is more but I can't remember right now.

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
P.S.

Jon thanks for the nice words about Delanie. She is cute, but man has she benn a little stinker this week.:D

Jon

Dan F. you have me now, no DVD, not sure what size video card I have, I do have a burner and CD drive also, no zip anymore either but it does have 7 usb ports.

The best thing is so far this computer is not giving me much problem, once in awhile one illegal function notice or one of those large white screen problems Windows is famous for but it works.

Say guy, get used to her being a real stinker as it is all part of being a parent:)

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
hmmm I don't know what I've got but its custom made,he said it's more than I need.
Will agree with Dan about the video card wow what a differents,already thinking of getting the higher dallor one,I didn't realize the video card made that much differents but WOW.

stinker.....lmaorof...........just think she's already got Daddy wiping her butt,*LOL*,she so sweet it seems as tho you can still smell her at work,hahaha..yel I know but it's your turn in both joy--e's

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
I pretty much did a complete overhaul. Like Bigboy said. I thought I would change the video card and didn't know what a difference it would make.

John she really is something, already giving me the big I can get what ever I want when ever i want eyes.

oguard

I have switched to MAc and both my desktop and portable are G4's; I have a dual processor 1GHz with 1.5 GB memory and 256 L2 cache/ 2MB L3 cache on the desk and a 667 KHz with 1 GB memory and 256 L2 cache. In other words for graphics and video this system smokes higher clock rate Wintel machines. Add the DVD-R/CD-RW and I have all kinds of permanent storage available.

Under OS10.1 the base is Unix which is the LARGEST installed operating system in the world with literally thousands of programs designed to work plus rock solid security features. In order to access this, simple Apple scripts will allow you to work with almost all of them and software developers are quickly porting native code to the new OS; like M$ Office for Mac with features not found on the Wintel versions.

The thing I like the best is when a program crashes (they ALL do) I simply close it and carry on with no loss of other work in progress. I have switched and do not regret it; 25 million and growing users can't be all wrong.

Cheers.

Michael T

800 atholon 128 meg ram 30gig hd cdrw printer scanner camera

Just got DSL at Christmas. The isp I had for dialup didnt offer dsl or cable in my area, yet. It was going to be 2-3 yrs. So I switched over, have to change email addresses soon. Its so cool ,bingo your on.

Just got a new monitor, 21" Trinitron. Kind of big and takes up lots of room, heavy too. But a nice view. Gonna get a G-Force video card next and add more ram. My techie buddie says they are pretty awesome, hes a big video gamer.

Michael T

If I want to put my picture up how do I do it?

reedsterstl

I guess i'm in the dark ages still. Use a Sony VAIO pentium with mmx. Though is kind of loads slow, it fits my needs.

reed

Aplus

Pentium 3 866 mhz - GeForce 2 400mx video 64meg - 40 gig IBM hard drive, Plextor 16x CDRW - 256mb Micron ram - Creative Labs Audigy soundcard - Hitachi 19" monitor. All this wonderful hardware nestled in a PC Power and Cooling case, throbbing delightfully under the reigns of Windows 98 second edition. If I didn't occasionally play a game or two, I'd be running 2000 professional, which is really a solid OS.

My machine may not be the fastest as far as clock speed goes, but it is stable and rarely gives me a fit. I make it a point to only buy the best pieces of hardware available. Generic stuff is generally more apt to have undesirable issues. In fact, high quality older stuff is often better then low quality new stuff.

Jon, don't waste your money adding more ram. 512mb is plenty, and is actually the sweet spot for XP, unless you are doing really intense graphics and design stuff.

Our Sponsors