truck washing

JohnNakalamic

Have been power washing and staining decks and patios for 3 years now and plan to expand to washing trucks. Any insight as to what brand machines to purchase, what items I can skimp on and what not to skimp on ? I do plan to purchase a 500 gallon water tank and have access to a water supply. Ideas on how to keep costs down ? This is a part time job for me and will be washing trucks on weekends.

W

washmasters

I wouldn't skimp on the machine. I use a 5.6 gallon per minute hot water skid@ 3000 psi. I started out in this business with a cold water two step and the hot water is far better. Maybe a couple of advantages with the two step doing trailers. I will also tell you this, we have an enclosed trailer with tandem axles that are supposed to be 3500 lbs. a piece. We have a 525 gallon water tank in there. It pulls it fine, but when you back the things up while you are washing or have to cut a corner, I think that it is too much weight. We have had trouble out of one wheel, it has messed up on us twice. Maybe we didn't fix the problem completely the first time, or it is just too much weight. We also have another enclosed trailer that has a 325 gallon water tank on it and haven't had any trouble. Good luck. I hope you make a lot of money.
Lance

JohnNakalamic

Thanks for the water / wheel input. Any suggestions on what kind of power washer to buy, a 2 step power washer or a skid mounted unit. Any brand preferences ? Are 2 power washers necessary ? What kind of chemical do you recommend (brand name) ?

If anyone is available to speak to over the phone, please email me personally at Linda81298@juno.com. Will be willing to call you or you can call us collect.

Mike Hughes

Make sure to check with your insurance agent, to be sure you are covered for this type of work......especially if you will be moving the trucks.

fishguy

Hey there I've doing this for about eight years now. And over those years I have learned to build all my own units. Including the two step system which can be real expensive to by from some companys. If your interested in how I built my equipment send me an email or replie here. I can also give you the names of a few god companys that supply chemicals and powerwashers.

Our Sponsors