advertising flyers,newspaper ad

JEPTHNG1

i was wondering what information others have in there ads
or handout flyers?
i would love to see what others have done across the country.

Beth

If you want to bounce your ideas off me, feel free to email me what you have worked on and I'll gladly give you feedback.

You might want to fill in your location and name. Folks tend to be a little protective if they don't know who they are speaking/corresponding with.

Beth
:)

ghouchu

beth

i've enjoyed and benefited from your marketing suggestions but there is one question i've not seen answered. the conventional wisdom seems to be that handouts are most effective the 3d time around. how often do you recommend distributing mailbox hangers in the same neighborhood? too often and you risk the appearance that you don't get much work; too seldom and the cumulative effect of the ads gets lost. what's your view?

a related question: assuming i've reached 300 to 500 households with one flyer, is my advertising time best spent on rounds 2 and 3 of those same households or hitting new households with round 1?

thanks for your thoughts.

richard

Beth

Hi Richard,

In the early spring we will distribute flyers to certain neighborhoods we feel we have penetrated well or wish to penetrate. When any crew goes out to do work, we ask they walk flyers to about a dozen houses surrounding the job site. We feel the neighbors closer in are the most likely candidates. Also, hitting just those few houses takes less time. You're aiming for the domino effect here.

For mass distribution, try postcards, val-pak, or another print ad of some sort.

Just remember that everythng has a target, and it doesn't make sense to walk 500 flyers a day or a week if people don't have a frame of reference. But, if they have a reference 3 doors down, well, they might just call you.

Beth
;)

Rosetech

We usualy do one "round" of flyers per sub. We get about 1 to 2 calls back for every 100 flyers that we put out. It also depends on the looks of your flyer! I used to do two flyers on one sheet and have it cut in half but i did not get as good of a response. So make shure it looks good.

Like what was said before we hit all of the houses on the street that we are working on. We will put a yard sign out in the yard and ask the customer if they mind if other people come and take a look at the work we are doing. we will then put out a postcard type of flyer that says come and look at the work we are doing. it usualy gets a good response. if the costomer dose not agree to have others come and "nose around" then we put out a postcard type flyer that says we are working in the same area, this generates good response but not as good as the one above.

Just my 2 cents.

Our Sponsors