Extension wand choices?

jimspowewash

I usally use a lift but most residential work i use an x-jet.I would like to get an extension wand for use of taking black streaks off stucco.So i can get my 40 up there.Im just interested in anyones pros and cons and if the 24ft is too much and the easability of using a screw method adjustment or pins tha pop out and in to adjust height.Thanx everyone jim

ron

i was

waiting on some things that people had to say also i will need one soon thinking on trying that extendawand pin lok but might go with the one on the pitch witch site so i can use that if/when i need that unit.

Kevin7022

extension wand

I've used a 16' and bought a 24'. The 24 is heavier and does'nt
seem to work so good past 18'. Very wobaly and flexes alot.

Next one will be 18'.....

timhays

have the 32 foot corress purchased from glenn at ace cleaning.
the reason i purchased this wand is it is the only one that extends to this length.the pin lock mechanism would be a little easier to use then the twist lock.i have had the corress fully extended and it isnt to bed to control(as long as you have a ball valve at the handle and the handle tied open) it flexes but the pressure helps hold the wand up so all the weight isnt on your arms,dont get me wrong it can be heavy at times,if the corress had the pin lock mechanism it truly would be the best wand on the market.glenn at ace cleaning has the best deal on the corress,i shopped everywhere before i purchased from him because he is in my state and i had to pay sales tax.

Steven Rowlet

I too have a Coress 36' wand (3-12' sections) and it is made very well. I use it with the Pitchwitch. If you are going to use it for other things I would purchase a belt to transfer the weight to your hip and take a lot off of your arms. This is a well built wand and when you figure that you will deduct it from your taxes the extra cost is not very much to worry about. It will pay for itself in a very short time. It is like everything you get what you pay for. Go ahead and order one and you will be glad you did.

PressureClean

I've spoken with Stephen Howland from Extend-A-Wand several times about his product and it looks like we're going to pick up several of those for this season. They fix the main things that bug me - heavy wands that tire us out (there's are like 8 pounds total for the 24'), the pin-lok for quick extensions and most importantly the two flat sides of the wand so it stops the spinning of the nozzle when you pull the trigger.

I love the idea of extension wands for safety reasons and I'm looking forward to trying these ones out.

Jon Fife

hey mike or lance,

could you post a link to extendawand?? i have been looking for advertisements and cannot find any.

thanks,

jon

FDNYGUY

I know this is an old thread but can anyone compare the powerwand to the extend a wand pros and cons for both and which one you would recommend and size. I can tell you i am going to use for roof cleaning mostly. I have a fiberglass 24' now and a very big set of shoulders looking to replace with one pole that can do both ground and roof work i am leaning to the powerwand only because i run the hose on the outside of the pole and keep trigger in hand using pitchwitch or water broom

CaroliProWash

Can I ask why you even need an extension for roof cleaning? There are ways to clean a roof that you just don't need them. What is your method for cleaning house hats?

PS - Mod: Why is this in the Wood Forum???

Last edited:

FDNYGUY

Most people in this area want instant results and i know i have read on alot of these forums of chems have tried a couple of different one"s that you can spray on with X-Jet which i do and rinse with garden hose but i have not gotten great results and sometimes will have to get up on roof to get stubborn areas clean with a little more than garden hose pressure. But forget getting on to a steep roofs with slippery algee and chems was figuring getting a pitchwith (6 nozzle) with a extension wand and ethier do from ridge or from gutter when its needed.

FDNYGUY

Why get on the roof at all ????

spray on with X-Jet which i do and rinse with garden hose but i have not gotten great results and sometimes will have to get up on roof to get stubborn areas clean with a little more than garden hose pressure.

FDNYGUY

Does anyone have any info or opinion on extension wands I'm sure there has got to be people out there that use these wands

Our Sponsors