New & Used Car Lots

B.J. ELLIS

Is there anyone who would be willing to help a newbie?
I have two car lot accounts that I do twice a month, my problem is finding the right soap and rinse to technique to leave the cars with a spot free look. The water here is very hard, and I can't justify reverse osmosis or a deionized system. ??Help??

ron

ron p

list what kind of equipment your useing and if you have a supply tank
also tell us the way your washing now, and maybe someone can fix where you might be going something wrong as in" how you wash"
there are RINSE AIDS for your tank there are waxes you can use
and you could call your local water filter people and see about a water softner
like culligan they work off salt

B.J. ELLIS

New And Used Car Lot

Sorry for the lack of info.

I have a trailor mounted 6gpm hot 3500 psi Mi-T-M unit 325 gallon water tank.

The first time I washed them I use hot water and a truck soap using an x-jet. Then I rinse using cold water. After getting them clean, I try to use regular cold water adding a cup of wax to 325 gallons of rinse water. rinsing them off because usually the second time around (two weeks later) it's just blow dirt etc. I just picked up an account today washing about 60 cars four times a month for a weekly auction. So any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

ron

ron p

get your self a downstream injector and a duel lance[ 1/4 inc stainless steel]
and a easy pull trigger gun[talk to MARK HERE TO GET THAT STUFF]
The duel lance is the tool for you
use a rinse aid in your tank and a good soap that has wax in it or GLOSS ENHANCERES
install your downstream injector[the x jet puts on too much soap]
install your duel lance start the unit and let the lance run on the low pressure side to get the soap to start coming out of it[100 ft of pressure line]
depending on how hot it is [you dont want to let soap dry] soap up 3-4 cars
twist the handle to the pressure side and re-mist all the cars with the soap thats left in the line
[no waste and keeps them wet] as soon as you have clear water start to rise
after you rinse 2, turn and mist the last 2 so they dont dry, and finnish rinsing the last 2.
for car washing get 1 wire pressure hose its lighter
5 gal of soap could do 100 cars. good luck have mark set-up the wand for you he will need the gpm for the injector and soap tip

bluegrass

I dont mean to be so forward, but,
what are the going rates for washing new/used cars on the lot lately? I have heard from an ex-detailer friend of mine that 5 bucks to just rinse them was fair........but I dont know.Im deffinately a newbie and I dont want to offend any potential new clients

thank you

bluegrass

thank you stateline

im in good ole lexington ky,you know where Duke just got beat,
lol.........sorry Duke fans,its a wildcat thing.
thank you again,
Jimmy

Steven Rowlet

Jimmy, I just got back from Lexington last night. My daughter will be at Transylvania University this fall. There are a lot of dirty roofs, buildings and houses in that town. You might want to think about going after some of it. The houses around the school are very nice and this is where I would concentrate. Statelihe is about right on the car lots.

C

candypants

Hep!

My advice to you would be to use DI water and charge around 2.50 per wash and don't even offer just a spray off because it isn't going to do it right. DI water cost about $75 every 2000 gallons. You don't have enough work to justify making much money, but if you do it right you will be able to land more work very easily. I started with just a few car lots and semi's and I purchased a reverse osmosis system. After just one year we do over 2000 pieces of equipment per week. If you do good work and market your service to clients, the work will come. Well good luck!

B

Big Andy

2000 per week! What kind of crew do you have for that? I am trying to get a couple large heavy equip contractors in my area, but am having troublle geting the ball rolling.
Good luck with all the work

Andy
Prestige Auto Wash

Our Sponsors