Company Name / Phones

Bill B

In reading the post on types of phones people are using, I was reminded that I wanted some input from the members of this BB.
I have been doing mainly brick cleaning (target market builders), but am looking to do a higher percentage of masonry restoration, house/roof cleaning, flatwork/sealing and deck cleaning/sealing. The target market for the latter are obviously different.
Current dba as In 'N Out Cleaning. Questions:
1. Considering making (subtle) change in name to In 'N Out Cleaning and Restoration. Your thoughts - good idea, who cares, etc.
2. Regarding the deck cleaning, have considered a second dba of something with "Deck" or "Wood" in name - Deck Doctor, etc. Would this help draw potential customers through better name recognition?
3. Anyone find any value in having listings in different communities, parts of their towns, helps? For example Deck Doctor of Lousville, Deck Doctor of Oldham County, etc. In this case would forward phone calls into central phone.
4. I am making the assumption that In 'N Out Cleaning would work for house / roof cleaning work - i.e. I am guessing that Wood restoration probably justifies a more 'dedicated' name.
Your ideas would be appreciated.

Mike Hughes

Bill,

I think adding "restoration" to your DBA is a great idea.

You don't have to have a name that includes wood in it to do well selling wood care, but you do have to come off like you know what you are talking about! I don't have wood in my company name (Everclear Cleaning Services, Inc.) and we do very well with wood care, it represented 35 percent of my business last year.

As far as ads for other towns, changing the name would not be worthwhile. However, having a local phone number would. Having a local phone number is even better then an 800 number for residential customers. They like to call someone that they think is local to them.

Do a search on "RCF" and you are bound to find several occasions where I discussed this in the past.

Our Sponsors