Trash trucks

Bill

We are going to be bidding on a fleet of 30 - 40 trash trucks weekly. Does anyone wash them? We have always washed tracor trailers ( 15 years). Ther seems to be alot more detail and filth.
Ant suggestions on bidding and washing?? We will be recovering the water and disposing of it in their wash bay, which is what we do at most of our accts. now. Thank you in advance. Bill

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Bill cann't help in biding,I only wash two of them and get 30 each every two weeks.
There is another powerwasher here washing them for 17 a week with as many as your biding on,he blows and goes if you get my meaning.
I use a degreaser type cleaner and hotwater,the hotwater speeds the cleaning on the beds,I usaually repray the greasey parts of the bed before I start washing it.

Dan S

I do about 5 a month .
the smell >>>>>>>>> P >>>>>U

I charge 45.00 for the big one
and the smaller garabge trks I charge 30.00

If they had 30 of them then my price would go down........ Im glad they only have 5

YOu get that crap all over ya ...... not too mention the stuff ya see in the back >>>>YUCK !

Attachments

• ball.jpg
    ball.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 204

fishguy

You wana talk about smell I've got an account that butchers chickens and Ive got to wsh the trailers they bring them in on and the 2 they call the gut truck where they pump all the blood and guts into on a good 90 degree day boy that is one smell you dont want to be around!!
As foe the garbage trucks we used to do 40 or so every 2 weeks and we charged 22 a unit but we had to move each one to the wash pad but with 2 peopple it was gravy. 1 moved them and sprayed some degreaser around the area where garbage was loaded with a pump sprayer and the 2nd 2 stepped the whole vehicle all done with cold water.

Scott Stone

We wash 60 trucks a week. In my experience, IF you are doing a decent job on them, getting the grease off, and the grime as well,(Some Don't) As well as doing a little brushing, if you are hustling you can do about 8-9 an hour. That is with two guys, one is using the gun and the other is doing the brushing and taking care to make the windows pretty. If they have to be moved, then figure another guy to move them around, and 7-8 an hour. The biggest thing that you can do to help yourself is to get them really, really clean the first time, and then it is just maintenance.

Scott Stone

Our Sponsors