What do you think?

B

Big Andy

Where have all the fleet washers gone?

I was asked today to put in a bid on cleaning 15 box vans for a frozen food company and wanted to check with you guys on my price. I am the only company putting in a bid, so I am pretty sure I will get it. Anyway in put down $12 each every other week and $10 each if weekly. They are pretty rough, they have never had pro service, just the boss and kid kids ery now and then.
What do you guys think of the price?
Thanks,

Andy
theaarseths@earthlink.com

melsmobile

BIG ANDY

HOW LONG ARE THE BOXES? REGARDLESS YOU MAY WONT TO UP YOUR PRICE.

THE MORE MONEY YOU MAKE THE HAPPYER YOU ARE , THE HAPPYER YOU ARE THE BETTER JOB YOU DO, THE BETTER JOB YOU DO ,THE HAPPYER THE TRUCK DRIVER IS AND IF THE TRUCK DRIVERS HAPPY , THEN THE BOSS IS HAPPY:D :D

B

Big Andy

I believe they are 14 foot boxes. They are the frozen delivery trucks that go out to residential areas and deliver food. They have lots of side doors and latches on them.
I guess I should let you guys know we brush with cold water.
Thanks Again
Andy

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
if its the type truck I'm thinking about I'd bid 20,25,think its the type that sells eggs,ice cream,steak ect...........25 would more fair for both of you.

ron

ron p

cold water and a brush. your going to not like washing these every week with these's tool's. Think about getting a hot box for your unit and $20 weekly, $25 bi-weekly.

B

Big Andy

Thanks for the ideas guys. Why do you think I should go so high? I haven't done any of these before. Are they a pain?
Andy

melsmobile

BIG ANDY,

YOU SAID YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE BIDDING ON THEM! PLUS YOU WILL NEED THE EXTRA MONEY TO UPDATE YOUR EQUIPMENT!

MEL R.
MEL'SMOBILE WASH & STRIPING
CLEBURNE, TEXAS

Larry L.

Because of the cost of doing business,if you can wash them in 10 min. your price is ok.The doors on the bed have chrome or stainless steel hings and handles which some chemcals can do harm,also when rinsing make sure you rinse around the doors good if not you'll get soap runs from them,this takes longer to do them then you realize.Wash one to see how long it will take you if your new in this trade or if you can judge how long it will take to wash each one you can get your price from that if you know how much per hour you'll need to stay in bussiness...........I need atleast 50 a hour unless goofing off.

Larry L.

Where have all the fleet washers gone? :eek:

Meant to answer that lastnight [spaz] but go'em side'track'd.

Thats how fleetwashing is man,you can get a real hurting from lowballers or lets say from someone not knowing his real cost in fleetwashing as to go out of business within a year or before.The cost in fleetwashing is more than what alot of people realize and for some its to late for them to pull out of it.I think they are more people in fleetwashing than any other trade and alot of the fleet owners will go with a lowballer prices NO'matter how good his qkly. of work is b/c they know if he goes out of business theres another lowballer just coming into this trade,thats one type of fleetowner,you recken'ize him by his dirty trucks.

ALTHO:
SOME not all fleet owners are begining to realize the pro's cann't always take a account back until another lowballer comes along and those fleet owners recken'ize a lowballer as to say NO to the powerwasher bid'ing the low price and usually say their bid price is to high.Thats how those type of fleet owners get ree'd of lower qkly. work or newbee's they know cann't stay in business with low prices,whew as to take a chance on losing the powerwasher they already have.This type fleet owner will come more dealing with you if your prices are BOUT THE SAME AS WHAT YOUR LOCal AREA IS,crap sorry didn't mean to push caps.They are alot of different type fleetowners in the trucking world,some don't care what the wash job looks like as long as you knock the dirt off or if they stay dirty most of the year,some wash with the weather meaning if it looks raining they do not wash,some are pick-e and want a cleaner truck and with a low price your out or working 16,18 hours 7 days a week to meet their cost of doing business,hopefully.I'd be better off working in a factory at the price some bid................this is only my thought to "where have all the fleetwasher gone"....(out of business maybe)
:D

Attachments

• sadsmiley.gif
    sadsmiley.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 124

Larry L.

Mel,your test looked ok before the edit,just thought I'd let you know.
I get to wash a few flatbeds,alot of them around here have gone to either box van,rock dump or grainhauler,never really crazy about washing the flatbeds.Altho I have washed a few that where polished from head to toe with stainless steel boxes under the bed,pretty rigs but still not crazy about washing them,the trailers havn't enough shiney stuff for me like the grainhauler or rock dump do... test looked good.

Attachments

• xyxthumbs.gif
    xyxthumbs.gif
    139 bytes · Views: 75

Our Sponsors