sectional ladder use for residential window cleaning

hipolish

i am new to window washing and am in the market for a ladder. the sectional ( folding type) has been recommended. what size and manufacter should i get for residential work? any tips on it's use? pro & cons? thanks steve

Carmen Ciorra

Steve
You can get sectional ladders that come in 4ft. or 6ft. You will need to get a 4ft. base section and a couple of 6ft. middle sectional and then an 8ft. top sectional the top sectional I recommend is a vee grove just because its easy to set on window seals and frames. I did not have an 8ft sectional at first I just had the 6ft top section which worked fine but the 8ft. sectional is a must. If you have any questions you can e-mail me and I will help you any way I can. Email me a cciorra@pghmail.com

outlaw

I've got a 16' and a 24' extension ladder with a stabilizer and a 6' and a 8' step ladder, there cheaper, and I can reach every residential window I come across(well 99%) and just in case I've got a 5 piece 30' extesion pole, sectional ladders are ok if you want to be real old timey and do your route on a bicycle, just keep it simple and save yourself money, just my 5 cents worth.
Gav

K

keith

I like Outlaw have a 16', 24' extension ladders. Also have a stablizier bar. The stablizier bar on the extension ladder lets me put the ladder just under the window, and about 12" off the glass. I have found this position puts me in the middle of the window, and not off to the side. I also have sectional ladders for those few windows which the extension ladders won't work. My thinking is use the right tool for the job, and not force a square peg into a round hole.

Steve what is a folding sectional? Are you talking about a little giant, gorrilla?

Keith Goodrum
KABCO Window Washing

timplummer1

I have been using a sectioal for 22 years,I have never fallen off.The stiffness and the point tip contribe to less need to be pefect in setting it up.If you are going to do this for a living its worth your time to master the how to.I use 6ft. sections and im under 6 ft tall.if you are taller get the 8ft section top.practice in a grass area till you can do it blind folded and you will be well served by it for life.just my opinion.

Our Sponsors