Grass stain

JD@747

anyone know of a chemical that will take off grass stain on mower deck's. you know.? the green stuff that's on your shoe's after cutting the lawn.

was asked if I would clean some equipment for a lawn care co. said they can't get the green off.

this would also include there truck's & trailer's. is there a wash that would cover all these or would I need diff. type's of chem's for this? the reason I ask is if 2 diff. type's of chem's are needed I would like to figure them into the bid of the job.

THANK YOU!

ron

RON P

Grass stains are made up of protein's so im thinking a degreaser or citrus based cleaner. Like d-limonene but i have never tried.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
I agree with Ron on a degreaser type cleaner and it will depend on the color of the mower as how strong a mix you can use.Some of the paints on mower decks aren't the greatest in the world or the paint on the mower itself.Hotwater will help alot,maybe a Alk. and caustic mix would be better.

Dan S

Power-brite>> magnum>> fleet-brite>> rootbeer>> 675>>

It's all the same soap but different name
I have A cub-cadet Which I take alot of pride with I treat it like a harley >>
I wash it everytime I mow >>

pre-spray the soap above let sit for a couple mins and booooooom you got a new looking ride >

JD@747

green stuff

Ron,
thank's a bunch for your wisdom and suggestion's.

BigBoy,
I was curious to wether or not you would respond to this thread. And glad you did. thank's for the suggestions. oh almost forgot there Red. zero turn mower's by exmark. commercial mower.$8000.00 for 1

Dan,
where have you been? I hav'nt seen or heard from you on this BB in a long time. you must be busy polish'n up that Cadet. wich is also 1 of the more spendier 1's out there. thank's for you reply

now that you all have givin' me all these great sugg.'s I think I'm more confused then when I asked.
Again I thank you all

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
I know the mower but do not know about the paint on them,I do know tho that some red paints on some mowers will streak and fade,the hood mosty.The hoods on case tractors are that way too and they are red.In other words if I wash a John deere tractor with a strong mix without damage the same mix will damage a case tractors hood.You may want to try the wash and wax found at Wal-mart first,it maybe all you need if you have hotwater.If you use alk. or caustic do so at a low rate of mix,then up it if needed.

Dan S

IM always here JD .
Sometimes 3 times a day Sometimes me skip A day and keep me thoughts to me self............. dat a way me stay outa trouble >>

Dont mean to confuse ya !

just pre-spay a good soap on any tractor let sit fer about 3 to 5 mins..........depending on the sun ........... and then hose off with a lil pressure and heat >> watch any stickers they maybe on it .......... LIke I love my cubby !!
or No free rides !!Or I mow b/c my kids hate it !!
YOu get the drift <<

Attachments

• batter_03.jpg
    batter_03.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 92

JD@747

Hey thank's boy's. I gotta keep it short tonight. lot's goin' on thank's a bunch have an excellent weekend. keep in touch.

JD@747

stain

Ron, BigBoy ?

I seen some degreaser at fleet farm today think it's worth trying?

Ron,
that was educational about the protein in grass. thank's for that little tidbit. I learned something there.

BigBoy,
in that picture of you fishing your lookin a little bored. you need to get yourself a picture of a action shot on there.

even if you put a little bend in your rod the next time you get snaged. snap a pic what the heck.

HI, Dan[flag]

Last edited:

Our Sponsors