ron p/ hey bigboy

ron

I have a 3000 psi 5 gpm unit and use the dual lance one acid one hot high pressure hot soap[you know] What size soap tip is good for a wider[one pass] for the acid and still be able to do flashing?
painted bodies with polished wheels with 2 stepping[what a pain in the butt]
then all painted trucks[easy]
then all polished[sucks- do you have any ideas on a safe citrus cleaner for fully polished with tack oil/diesel on it?] zeps big orange is way too much money.
Ordered some stuff from e-spec that you add to your soap OIL BUSTER ADDITIVE
ever tried it?

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
OIL BUSTER ,,no never have tried it,have the Big Orange tho.I have fairly good luck cleanning the polished with my main soap plus will at times add some other stuff,then sometimes I may add a couple of things,yel I've screwed up before lol.Heck yes I agree with the plain in the butt polished,it makes mine draw up everytime someone calls and says hey Larry I got a new truck today(ya did)yel its polished so don't use no acid on it(ok)can ya wash it this weekend(man I don't know,I will ifen I can)ok but don't use acid(ok)click(sh?t).

What will you screw you up washing polished is the cheaper metal parts,like around the hood,ribs on trailer,the little chrome thingy under the headlights plus alot of them will have a cheap polished job lacking the last stage in hardness.Heck I've washed polished with just hotwater and it do damage to the cheaper polished rims.I can look at a polished job and tell the driver what to expect and what to expect ifen he doesn't listen to me.Some of the polished jobs done at truck stops will come off real easy(hotwater),I can spot that type polished job anywhere, I also tell the driver you get what you pay for.I takes awhile to polish a metal to it final stage in hardness and its mirror like shine.Its like the lowballer in our trade,some are running around doing them for nothing as in the time it takes to polish the metal,every trade is that way,here some of the detailers will wax a big truck for 60 dallors.I have been fooling around with waxing and polishing for several years now,I know the cost on the better eqt.
and supplies and I can not see where their making a killing as in they come and go in those trades too.It makes my job harder and I'll tell the driver if it starts coming off with hotwater in areas sooner or later I'll have to acid it,which is ok with them b/c I've done 'explained' what to expect.

Sometimes I get into wiping different polishes and waxes on my two bowties as to learn speed and how to deal with the paint.I've also been fooling around with polishing different metals and all its different waxes and cuts.It takes time to clean paint down to the starting point for a good looking wax job that will last for awhile and the same with metal.In other words I wouldn't let no detailer around here touch my bowties at those prices,I'd pay more for no cover ups and no burn marks..

...o yel polish is a plain.

Attachments

• scared.gif
    scared.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Our Sponsors