Kevin

There is a large cable company that just moved in to my little town and they're building a 7500 sqft. building to it their needs. The big boss of this biz lives next door to me and was interested in my business keeping it clean, including vehicles. He did inform me that the minimum insurance would be 2,000,000 umbrella and that even the lady that cleans the offices at night is going to have to have it or she's history. Should I break down and get the 2mill just starting out? Or should I keep my measly 600,000? Maybe if I do get it I wil get the account (which by the way will be my first commercial one). I never thought I would be getting big jobs like that just starting out!

Scott Stone

Go for the 2 mill. You will want one million per occurrence and 2 million aggrgate. At least that is what is usually required. Ask your insurance agent for sure. It does not cost that much more and it is a little piece of mind. It is definitely worth it.

------------------
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

G

Glenn

Kevin,
Heck, go for the 2 mil. This is what you've been waiting for. If the account doesn't pan out, you can always cancel the 2 mil coverage. With the guy right next door, It sounds like a good bet. I like the odds. Good luck.
Glenn

M

Mike@Everclear

I agree with Glenn, you can always reduce your coverage later if it doesnt work out.
Best of luck to you!

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

spraymasters

Hey Kevin,,,,,no brainer here guy....go for it! Growth is painful but FUN!
smile.gif

That is the amount of coverage we have. I would suggest you shop around for the best deal though. We got quoted anywhere from 800 dollars to 4,500! Good Luck!
Dennis

------------------
Dennis A. Cormier and Gloria A. Wagner
North Georgia Spray Masters, Inc.
spraymasters@hotmail.com

Jon

Kevin,

About time something big came your way, now follow all the advice and increase your coverage and ask your insurance guy to give you what is called a "Certificate of Liability Insurance" paper. Once you have it make copies and then you carry them with you, that way you have proof if being insured on the spot to show them. I use that as a selling tool when I suspect the company they are using is not legal.

Not sure about the rest of you but here I need a business license to get business insurance. Kevin you do have your business license?

Now where is that stuff you was gonna send me buddy?

Jon

------------------
Beep beep, the OPC Roadrunner coming through.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Russ in Chicago

My first year in business I was charged over a grand for a million of coverage by JD Walter's agency. The next year I found a local agent that set me up with the same coverages for under $200. Better service and money in my pocket. My point is, shop around. (and E me for my agents number)

P

pressurewashing

Get the 2 mil insurance. you will need at least 1 mil for any big jobs anyway. Don't pass up an opportunity like this. They don't come around that often so always give it your best. You would hate for someother new guy to come and out do you in a couple of months.
This is the first time we have sent a reply but have been checking out this site for a couple of weeks. Only been online for about a month now. Any help would be greatly appreciated with this thing.
We have been learning a lot from ya'll. Keep it up.

C

Craig/PowerWashUnlimited

Kevin,

I agree with everyone that you should get the two mil, but only upon signing an agreement with them, at aleast for a year. I have done my fair share of commercial work with large companies, and have never been required to have more than one mil, so go for it, if they will sign a contract.

Craig

R

Rick

Kevin, GO-FOR-IT!!! This is what we all end up doing sooner or later...Better sooner than later!!!!!!!GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU LAND IT.....YOU'll have peace of mind & you can always cancile it if it doesent work out...

P

pressurewashing

Go for it, you luckly stiff... don't turn down anything... if you don't want it we'll take it, just kidding would hate that drive...long way from memphis,tn about 400 miles..on second thought Do they pay milage?
lol

Our Sponsors