power washing vent hoods in food courts. elec. pwrd or multiple hose's from gas unit?

islander

looking to get into the kitchen exaust & vent cleaning, but not sure which hot water pressure washer i should be looking at. with the possibitity that i might have jobs located in mall food courts, which type of powered unit should i be looking at? a gas unit & just running multiple hose into the cleaning area or a electric powered unit which will have to powered either from the customers site or a generator for remote cleaning jobs?

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Good Question!

Electric units require less maintenance, and are generally quiter.

Typically a 115 volt 15 amp circuit will limit you to running about
a 2.2 GPM @ 1500 PSi pressure washer.

You can go bigger on a 220 volt unit, but then you get in to numerous
plug configurations.

Most of our customers doing hood cleaning are using gas engine hot HP
washers 5 GPM @ 3000 PSI. Some also have an electric hot hp unit also.

Hope this helps

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
You are asking for a single answer and there is not one. Electric units should be used only when the gas fired units are not accessible. You should be a able to run hose ether at the back door or from the roof and down the vertical.

One must also look at what you plan to clean and how often it was serviced in the past. Asian units require the bigger units due to the type of residue.Initial cleanings require bigger units or double your times.

Another way would be to have gas and oil fired and place the unit under a hood that was not being cleaned and use the exhaust fan to exhaust the washers exhaust.

Mall locations are not the place to learn this trade. My two cents.

David

Our Sponsors