Test Word Wrap

Roger

Using post reply.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooEooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooEooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooEoooooo

Roger

Using quick reply.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooEooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooEooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooEooooo

Roger

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooE
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooE
oooooo

Roger

Dan,
I was having the same problem as Ron, with the text running off the screen. It looks like you found a fix, because it is not happening now. However all messages posted before the fix still have the problem with the text running off the screen. It appears that the problem only occuurs(at least for me) using older version of Netscape(version 4.77) and does not occur with Netscape 6.2 or IE 5.5.

After trying the above posts I tried to delete them but it wouldn't allow me to do so. Would you delete these post?

Thanks

Roger

Well I guess I spoke to soon about a fix. The last post had the same problem with
the text running off the screen. It displays fine with IE and Netscape 6.2. but is
sort of a pain for those using an older version of netscape, like myself.

Roger

just another test.
ooooooooo oooooooooo oooooooooo ooooooooo oooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooEooo ooooooooo ooooooooooo ooooooooo oooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooo ooEooooooo oooooooo oooooo oooooooooooo oooooooooooo oooooooooo ooooooooo ooooEoooooo

Roger

Dan,
Although it seems to be a problem with older versions of Netscape it appears the problem
may be in the code. It's just that IE and newer versions of Netscape handle the error more
gracefully, they handle text wrapping differently, so the problem is not apparent with them.
My guess is that there is a simple fix for the problem.

My theory based on the above test posts:
It appears the module in the code that process the reply data is "newreply.php". There is
probablly a routine in there that counts characters of the form text(name="message") and
inserts a line break if the line exceeds a maximum number of characters(it looks like the max
is 50 characters). It appears that it may be counting incorrectly. In the first two posts all the
text was one long string of characters(meaning no spaces, so it was actually one word). The
code counted each character and inserted line breaks appropiately, however, in the subiquent
posts the text contained spaces(multiple words). It appears as though each time the counter
encounters a space it starts the count over, so the count would probablly never exceed the
maximum character count and insert a line break, unless the string of text contained no
spaces.

It should be a simple fix to have it count characters as well as spaces.

Give me a call if I can help.

Our Sponsors