Ladders

Kevin

I was curious to know how many different type ladders you guys carry. I have a 12 ft one ( not extension). Dou you guys carry both kinds and what size. I'm doing mostly residential for now and dont want to have to run out and get a ladder at the last minute! Thanks!

C

Craig/PowerWashUnlimited

Kevin,

We carry a 16 ft ladder that folds into four 4 ft pieces. It can be used as a 4 ft(tall) by 8 ft(long)scaffolding also. Also Have a 24 ft extension ladderand a 8 ft step ladder. Never had a use for anything other than those.

Craig

Dave West

Originally posted by Kevin:
I was curious to know how many different type ladders you guys carry. I have a 12 ft one ( not extension). Dou you guys carry both kinds and what size. I'm doing mostly residential for now and dont want to have to run out and get a ladder at the last minute! Thanks!

Kevin , I use a 16 ft. four section folding type KELLER 300 lb. rating commercial duty aluminum ladder that was purchased at Home Depot. It does everything I need to do in residential and most commercial power washing jobs and if I need scafolding or larger sized ladders I rent them and just figure that cost into the job I'm doing , that way I am not using up capital for specialty ladders and scafolding and other occasional use equipment that I use once and then end up storing or is always in my way betweeen uses.
Hope this helps.
C-Ya,
David @ actionmobilewash@aol.com

spraymasters

Kevin, we have two ladders we use. One is a 8 foot step ladder and the other is an extension from 8 to 16ft. We bought them at Lowes (the blue ones cause they match our logo...hahaha) If we need any other speciality ladders we would just rent them and add that to the estimate. See ya, Dennis

Shane Clardy

Kevin
Do you have a 24ft telescopic wand ? they run about $109.00 - 130.00 , for most residential jobs this wand helps keep your feet on the ground and the ladders in the truck.

Lorin Grable

See my post of 1-29-00 14:09 on the Delco BBS. Lots of good info.

A lots of guys seem to think they can do a good cleaning job from the ground. I could never get the job done right unless I get a little closer. With some of thr 3 story behemoths in my area, I found it necessary to get on a ladder. BUT, you must feel comfortable with the concept before you get on a ladder. Otherwise, stay the hell off of them.

Jaime

I have a 12foot fiberglass ladder 300# rating and a three story ladder fiberglass same specs. I us my three story more often than not. Very hard to carry though Jaime

MQPorter

We have used a 8ft step ladder, a 14ft step ladder, 16ft extension ladder, and a 32ft extension ladder. All of these we purchased. We also have an extension wand. We have found that sometimes a ladder works better that the extension wand, it lets you get closer. But we also had a storage problem with the ladders. We no longer have this problem do to the fact that all of the afor mention ladders were stolen last November. This spring we will purchase the four section type aluminum folding ladders to put on each wash rig. By purchasing this type of ladder it is our hope to have the necessary combinations we usualy need all in one ladder. But I must advise you to use the utmost caution when handling a wand on any type of ladder, the higher you go the more likely you are to lose your balance.

Kevin

Thanks guys for your replies! I have a big daddy chain with a big daddy lock on my new 250 dollar ladder so someone will have to bring some bolt cutters to get it off!

Our Sponsors