wanting to be taught

Laura

Hi everyone, My husband is new to the PW business and does all flat work right now. We started looking into the vent part of it and I think it is something that is taught to you not just learned mostly by trial and error. It's not like we have vents to practice on. Anyways I wouldn't think that someone in our area would be willing to teach him (although we are open to that). My husband goes to Ca (fullerton area) every other month to help his parents with some constrution to their house. I thought that someone could show him one day or two on their job while he is there so we wouldn't be any competition. If anyone is willing please email him at lamberth@cox.net. His name is Brendan. Thank You.

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
If he can get up to Sacramento for a couple of days-we could get him pointed in the right direction.

Send me a Email and I will send my phone.

David

Pete@SunBrite

One other alternative for you is the 2-day Kitchen Exhaust Certification class that will take place in Pittsburgh in about 13 days (PWNA Boot Camp). The cost is minimal (around $500 with the test and manual) but obviously plane tickets and hotel can run the bill up from that point.

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
The in school class will give you certain information & will only make since if you have worked on some hood systems first. Nothing wrong with the class, however you need some basic information first. When you leave that class you might be able to clean a very basic system in five hours or more. We could clean that same system to NFPA Standards in under one plus hour. Some knowledge is very important so that you can ask the right question.

It's like sailing-learning in a class is one thing. When one goes out past the breakers you need the hands on with help.

David

Max_rob

I agree David, I just went and watched one of my competetors, took a couple of nights. I remember thinking that I would need a 5 gallon bucket to capture the flow. Now I know better.

Laura

Thank you for the offers so far. I let my husband know and when he books his reservation for this next trip he will figure out if he will be able to get to anyone that is kind of far. Everyone on this board is so helpful and our hope is that some day we can return the favor by helping someone else. Right now he is doing a pretty good paying job for a management co. I hope these jobs keep coming in, because this is very different budgeting job to job instead of our regular paycheck for his company for 14 years. Do get me wrong though, I wouldn't change him being home more often for the world it has changed our family life for the good!!

Our Sponsors