attention ALL Fleet washers !!

Dan S

It has been 22 days since anybody posted here .......................................

come on you guys ................lets talk about your wonder chem ..........

how about washing in the kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkold and you got snot-cycles:( hanging from your uper lip..

blowing all that ice back in your face <<<<<<< brrrrrrrrrrr

Im on my way to work .......39 trks to do . boy I cant waite ..

ron

im getting

the first of the heavy duty static dirt cling right now.
Now i have to pull the brush out:rolleyes:
Im looking for the polished alum,no brush,kick butt soap.
I think im going to have to break down and buy some PH acid.
2 stepping sure makes you lazy.
I cant wait to get a fleet of trucks where you dont move every truck,raise the body,degrease,wash,then put back.
I am beginning to hate dump trucks
8 in the am to 2 in the pm and only washed 8 of them
They work in sand pits on rain days and it rained 3 times this week. Then they pave and everything stuck like cement.
What a mess. My prices are going up at the first of the year.
From $35 to $45. That will put me at $1 per min[working time].
Whats it like washing on asphault or cement?

Scott Stone

Gee, we were washing in t-shirts today. Between yesterday and today, about 12.5 hours worth of work, we washed 59 trucks, all dirt haulers of one type or another. A lot of Super 16's and Super 18's. A few end dumps, and a few belly dumps. Every one of them was on dirt, but for the price that we charge, we do not raise the dump bed, we do open the hood and clean the engine though.
Ron, you really need to try the DNB 1433 from Delco. I have had really good luck with it. I hav efound a nother Chemical that i like a lot that is comparable in price to the R-109. It has some sort of chemical composition that eats the dirt better than r-109. I am still experimenting with it, and will let you know how it goes.

Scott

ron

ive mixed about every combo of Delcos powders and mix kits i could think up.
I use the r109,dbn1430,and R200[orange to green] in one of drums.
I use ITD ATLAS in another tank[sodium metasilicate]
I also use CITRA-CLEAN for diesel and pre-spray.[orange peel]
My next thing will br ITD POWER BRITE [SODIUM HYDROXIDE BASED]-not for polished.
I 2 step everything i can but polished[currently only have 4 trucks that are polished]
So PH acid is also on my list.
I need to find some fleet work that can be done when it's light out and not on sat or sunday. Sat and sundays are full.

ron

water recycler

i found a water recycler unit,mobile ,110 volt used less then 20 hrs.
i would need the pick up device[vaccum boom or sump pump] and a holding tank. Then my gererator. The co say's after running threw the filters, the water can go right to the supply tank to wash again.
Wants $2000 plus shipping.
I currently dont have any recovery but if i want to go full time and get some bigger fleets wont i need one?
It will eat-up all of my box truck and prob. over weight it.
Who out there fleetwashing has a recovery system?

Dan S

I try and keep things as simple as it gets...............

I do the one soap does all .......... no different soap to play with

no Acid
no powders
no freaking mixing

all a pain in the butt ( im speaking only for myself if ya got more then 1 soap, and you mix your soap up before you use it thats fine ...I mean no dis-respect )

as far as recovery.............................

I can keep all my recovery in a size of a garbage bag ..........

it dont take any room ........................ and works as good as any thing on the market and all I have in it is about ohhhhhhhh 300.00 maybe less............

yeah yeah yeah you are saying <<<<<<<<<< and I say

yeah yeah yeah right back to ya <<>>

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Sorry Scott but I don't talk to nobody that works in T-shirts this time of year,it justs makes it colder here knowing there is T-shirt weather somewhere,burr.

I'm taking off today and would you believe its in it's high 50's and every little wind.It's pretty,no clouds in the sky,all the trucks are not that dirty besides its going to sleet,snow and rain Monday and Tuseday.Sometimes I give my accounts a break when knowing bad weather the next day after a wash,they leave it up to me but thank me for not washing when knowing bad weather is the next day.Besides I can wash a dirty truck better than I can wash a clean truck,I like playing in acid and mixing my own freaking chemicals while sniffing power and never thought of it as a plain in the butt.Glad your just talking for yourself b/c I haven't seen a liquid that has the cutting power of a powder,sniff sniff.

LOL,LOL just had a call from a newbee's account and they wanted to know if I wanted to wash their snuff he started washing friday,,guess he is having powerwasher problems again.He bought a old old worn out 110v rig but he has being running it now for almost a year,he calls altime just a kussing wanting to know how to fix it,he has plans of buying a new one when he gets he's taxes back,lucky dog,lol.Know I'm not going to wash what he started b/c he has plans of finishing it Monday,thats what he told me and thats what I told them.Welp I'm going to wipe on the vet today its to pretty not to,its almost T-shirt weather.

I'll make sure to tell the newbee about your wonder soap,he buys dat cheap snuff too.
[whatup]

Scott Stone

Well, I like the 1433. It is probably the best soap I have found. I like it better than the 1430. It just works better for me.
The new soap is pretty good as well. It works really well, and is easy mixing. I was able to get about 12 pounds to dissolve in about 15 gallons of water, without trying. I just put it in the tank to mix when I got to the job, and it was already mixed. I was amazed.
Hey Bigboy, I found a new polish for you. It works at least as well as Zaino. Of course, it is made in Arizona, so it has to be better. They also have an aluminum polish that will polish stuff that has been acid washed to dull in about 20 seconds, and tow applications. It is really good.

Scott

Larry L.

hey you made my ears stand up,WHAT,better than Zaino,I stopped useing Zaino's about a year ago.I started useing Pinnacle Souveran,it cost 10 dallars a oz but I like the Zaino wet look better,it just takes to long for it to dry.Its the only wax I know of tho you can leave on for a week and wipe it off with ease without leaving white stuff in the cracks.

I knew they where another one that hasn't been out every long,is it the Cherry snot or pigs snot,something like that.As long as it doesn't leave white stuff in the cracks and easy to take off,tell me what,where the cost is unimportant.

Is the aluminum polish a liquid with different size grits? if not is it red in color as a wipe on wipe off...huh,huh...huh

O thought I'd let you know the newbee's account called this morning and wanted to know if I'd finish the job tomorrow for them.....I put the Vet in the shop again and guess what I told them...yel be there bright and early hahahaha wait until the newbee calls tonight and I tell him I'm finishing his job for him,want dat go over good,he calls everynight to see what I'm up to or if I can give him more business.I told him again lastnight if he didn't go up on his prices I'd put him out of business and tonight I'll tell him it has started by me taking his accounts,want dat T him off hahaha...I loaned him a starter grear and wand Monday and I told him if he didn't stop calling me money bags I'd stop dat too lol..ant I mean.

ron

Scott i have not tried the panel boss,maybe i will?
What is the new soap your talking about?
I would also like info on the alum polish.
thanks

Larry L.

whats this look at little bit :rolleyes:,should have known before you said it was better :eek: ,now I have my doughts,but will agree with you on the brown chemical :D [bigboy]

EXTREME

If I am thinking of the same thing you are I think it's called elephant snot, just saw an ad for it tonight.

Scott Stone

I promise, I did not fall off of the face of the earth. I just have been really busy with T-day and trying to get all of our work done. I was not successful, but I got close.

If you want the information, you will need to e-mail me because of Dan's rules.
The address is The-washer@msn.com

Scott

animal70X7

Greetings one and all wise men!

I am relatively new at this stuff. I just started power washing as a side business with hopes of building this up enough to make a good residual business so I can leave trucking and chase after my real passion...Youth Ministry. I've sub-contracted myself out to a guy this winter and he does a pretty large truck fleet at several of their terminals. I never really intended to get into trucks because I knew how little my company paid to have them done and the EPA guy in my area is FUSSY!!! But, I did anyway and here I am. Have you guys ever see a simple machine or apperatus to make washing between two trailers easier or faster (read cheaper), that actually worked? I have some ideas in my head but I am not the most mechanically inclined individual. I figured I'd look around the net and see if it existed b4 I began busting my knuckles. So far, no sitings. Any help and advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I am currently using a Hydro Chem unit mounted in an enclosed trailer w/ heat. 16hp motor, 4gpm/4000 psi pump (Averberri sp?) w/ 2 300 gallon tanks.

Thanks
Troy

Our Sponsors