Clean County/Printer

Austin

I noticed that your post about a printer for bid sheets was a long time ago but if you are still looking for something maybe this will help.
Go to a computer store or office supply store that sells computers and tell them you need a hammer printer for your duplicate bid sheets. There are a bunch of them out there and I'm sure there is one or more that will work with what you want to do.
There will be drivers for the printer and then software to make it work with your document. If you cannot find something you can go with a DOS based program with a tractor paper hammer printer. This is the method many company's use to print bill of ladings and invoices. It kind of sucks tearing off all of the edges but its better than writing an est. by hand especially if you write aqs sloppy as I do.
Austin

Austin

DOS based

Oh yeah if you go with the dos based system it might be wise to have a pro. do it unless you a very knowlegable about computers.
This may not be easy to set up. Austin

Flue Steam

Okidata 320/321's are practically bullet proof 9 pin impact printers that don't require any special drivers. We have six of them for invoice and statement printing, but we use inkjets for letters and contracts.

Clean County

Thanks for the advise. I had all my estimate sheets made up by a printing company with my logo on each sheet. I am to computer stupid to even try to make anything worth while on it.

I just let the pro's take care of it for me for a couple of $$$.

Austin

OIC

Ok I guess I misunderstood you. I thought after you had the duplicate bid sheets made up at a print shop you wanted to type in your estimate then have it printed on that preprinted blank bid sheet.
I had mine done in triplicates at a print shop then I hand write the estimate which I hate to do so I was going to go that route and thought thats what you had in mind.
Austin

Austin

model printer

Thanx Flue Steam for the specifics now I can go right in and ask for that to save the trouble. And no Friggin drivers!!!!!

Our Sponsors