Estimate sheet

AGoodJob

We are changing our format of our estimate sheet. We never had a list of 'important things to know' that the customer should be aware of BEFORE our services begin. Such things being, we do not wash / seal the bottom of boards (yes, we get complaints stating that they weren't done), we try not to stomp on flowers, but it sometimes just happens, we do not move furniture and if we do end moving it, we are not responsible for anything broken. There's a ton of things people question us on that we never had on our estimate sheet.

Does anyone have a contract sheet that we can get ideas from? Our old format was very similar to the one found on the Wolman website. We strictly do washing and sealing only.

ron

i was thinking of a insert sheet that stated what i exspect the customer to do. I say insert sheet because i wash diffrent things.
It would go something like this.
In order for pro-wash to properly serve you and other customers we at pro-wash have a check list for you, our valued customer.
1] make sure water is turned on
2]power is off to outside outlets near the cleaning area
3]that all pet's be inside
4]that all door's and windows are tightly shut[please notify us of any damaged seals or leaks]
5]that the driveway is clear of any cars
6]that the work area is free of all objects[furniture,plants,movable lighting,grills,ect...]
This type of service is avail. at an additional cost and has restrictions
7]please keep the deck/work area free of pet/people traffic after the cleaning untill it's dry enuff for the sealing.[dirt/scratches will effect the outcome of your restoration]
8] if you have any questions about the work that you have contracted pro-wash to preform[ as outlined in your contract]
please call BEFORE we start your project.
9] on jobs over $1000 we require a 1/3rd deposit at the start of the job.
10]full payment is required at the completion of the job and your satisfaction.
If you require any of the items requested here to be changed or can not comply with them, please contact pro-wash ASAP.
In order for pro-wash to complete your work to the highest standard and in a timely manner we budget our time to just doing what we do best. CLEANING AND RESTORING.
THANK YOU for choosing PRO-WASH.
Any imput on this[the bbs] is welcome

Beth

We have a sheet with those types of particulars we hand out with each estimate. Looks like they are well represented here. Put it on letterhead and you'll be all set.
Beth

AGoodJob

Any chance of listing all the ands/ifs/buts that you have on this sheet. We don't want to forget anything, nor leave out things that haven't been brought up.

ron

A good job' sometimes there are certian things you dont want to bring up.
When you go to buy a new car you dont ask about the crash test rateing.
You do your best to cover the bases without getting in too deep.Just show enuff to make yourself look professional.
I print mine out on my computer and also leave blank spaces to record previous damage and customer requests/special circumstance's. Also date of job and est. of time when the job will be completed.

the_GUNN_man

This year I am going to get custom estimate sheets made with a lot of the stuff stated above on it. Another thing I was thinking about was reporting damage. I was wanting to put something like "Any damage must be reoprted within 10 days of completion" I have heard of people trying to come back on pw's months later saying you damaged this. I have seen too many people on tv pulling scams on contractors. They have them come do the work and claim they damaged whatever. I want to cover all bases form these kinds of people.

Our Sponsors