HF, bigboy, ron ?

jeff kanaley

I have read up quite a bit on hf ,its danger and effective cleaning potential. My question is to you guys that are using this daily. What kind of ppe are you wearing , faceshields,glasses,gloves,suits,etc. Also whats in the first aid kit? calcium cream, eye wash? If a drop of it gets on you as your downstreaming is it lights out? Just want to be prepared on the safety end, as i plan on trying some soon. THANK YOU:)

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Do NOT do as I do but as the chemical tells you to do for your own safety.

Altho we do not wear no safety gear,yeah stupid,I know some that have been useing it for over 20 years and they aren't hairlipped yet.Burns like heck when it gets in the eye and feels like little needles sticking your skin when the wind blows it back on you.It is one of the best cleaning,brightern chemicals and one of the most dangous,altho some of your degreasers are just as dangous.All of us have been burned with it as to repect it,after you get burned a few times you want go around sticking your hands in it or spill a strong mix on your leg.If a drop gets in a cut on your hands you can stomp out a forrest fire as it will make you want to stomp your feet it hurts so bad.

For your own safety do as the MSDA sheet tells you to do not as we do.

ron

Bigboy is right,its kind of like when you add charcoal lighter fluid
to 1/2 lit charcoal. Knowing better and going better are 2 diffrent things.
better to be safe.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Jeff,

HF acid is a GREAT cleaner, however USE CAUTION and follow all safety rules.

[hand]

Our Sponsors