Fed Ex trucks

AGoodJob

Giving a estimate on 20 box trucks and 8 tractors, all work done indoors at Fed Ex. Year round cleaning, twice a week during winter months. Don't need to reclaim water, using water from their facility. What is the best method of cleaning, soaps (no two step processes). Have Tuff hot water 5 gallon 3,000 PSI.

Need help on estimating, this is our first fleet job, want to get foot in the door. Want a fair price to get in the door and be profitable. Facility is 15 minutes from us.

Need help ASAP !! If you have suggestions, please call us 815-484-9996. (Illinois)

ron

dont know what i could help you as far as price but i have read on one of the bbs that a lady that used to post did a couple of these places.
The prob. she ran into was that the very big $$$ convayers and equipment used in these places were not being maintained properly. When the axe fell they tried to pin the problems on her washing chems that she used.
Maybe someone can remember who,what,where about this,it might just be of some help to you.

ron

IF IT WERE ME

I would be calling her 1-800 number first chance i could. See what she charges.

johnny

what 800 number? her website is down, too. Doesn't look good.
The FEDex trucks here used to be washed by a janitorial company using buckets and brushes. FEDex refused to allow powerwashers because their decals might get damaged. The guy and his son hired day labor and charged from $4-6 on stepvans and tractors, when they tried to raise prices they were shown the highway.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Then you could look at it this way,its not worth having at the $4-6,if it was they would be still washing them don't ya think.

I was hoping others would reply that have that dealings with FedX,But.

I think I would bid them at $6-8 or maybe even $10 that is IF I could use the powerwasher.These trucks will not be that dirty,sometimes a hot rinse maybe all they will need,"sometimes".

How many do you think you can do a hour? take it from there.....

..C-ya

Mike Hughes

I've always been told that FedEx is not a good job to have for your "first" fleet job.........because they pay very little...........its only good for filler work when you're more established.

Thats just what I've heard from someone that's been there and done that........

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
AGoodJob do not let hear say dwell in your mind,I know of no fleet worth having on your first fleetwashing avert.I know of no fleet I would avert if they paid my price,the FedEX truck would be easy cleaned b/c of the twice aweek washing.The only way I would avert them would be if they did not agree to my price,its year round work washing on the inside.Not to many fleets can wash year round b/c of the weather,rain,snow or freezen will take several weekends a year off washing fleets on the outside.

You be the judge whether 28 trucks washed twiced a week 12 months straight.Samething as washing 2688 trucks in one year only thing your washing the same 28 trucks every 3/4 days.Just don't bid them to low as most do,if they do not go with your bid go find another fleet.You will gain alittle speed after you have washed them a few times in when,what not and what to do.Go inside where they wash them and look around for ALL your trouble spots,this would mean more or less on your bid.

I hear tell ALL Fords and Dodges are better than a Chevy but I will drive my Chevy b/c as many Fords nd Dodges I see setting in junkyards I think its just hear say

AQUA LAZER

This is a great job to grab, could lead to other accounts or to another Fedex facility. you will probably wash at night so it will not interfere with the residential work during the day hours.
I have been washing a similar fleet for the past 6 years. I charge $5.00 a truck but make my money in volume (50 trucks a nite 4 nites a week) I would say $6-8.00 is right on the money. When you land the job, that's the time to send letters to all fleets in the area to let them know you handle the washing for Fedex-It will lead to other jobs.

good luck

johnny

Awesome Tim,

Tell us, do you get to use your hot water machine? Are you allowed to use acid plus soap? Or do you have to brush? How long does it take to go thru the 50 trucks/stepvans? Do you have to move them around? Water recovery? Is it indoors? Are you washing the same 50 every night or is it 4 different locations? How many workers do you use?

Thanks,

Johnny

AGoodJob

Wouldn't even think about doing a truck for $5.00 .... or even $8.00, not worth the time. If that's the case, would rather sit home and watch TV.

AQUA LAZER

I wash the same 50 trucks indoors at one location.
no water recovery it drains through the floor in to large holding tanks to be pumped out by a water hauler. Many nights we "dry mop" the trucks when they are not too bad. When we wet wash we scrub and use hot h2o. I get the same price for both wet and dry wash. we do move them for wet wash only. I have one employee for this particular account. depending on what type of wash were are doing it generally takes 3 hours. this is the the best job for several reasons. It's indoors, it's steady work year round, and what else can you do to make this $ in 3 hours at night? those of you who would rather be watching tv get your calculators out to do the math on my yearly income for this ONE account.

AQUA LAZER

I wash for $5.00 per truck as previously mentioned
It's roughly a grand a week X 52 weeks and that's just one account. So $5 a truck may sound ridiculous but it adds up.

johnny

AquaLazer,

When you dry mop - what do you do - brush the dirt off and wipe? When you wet wash, is it with hose end brushes using their hot water? So you and a helper are doing about 4 trucks every 15 minutes? Does that spound right? There is obviously more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Gwas

Charge more $$$$$$.... Your killing us.... What is DRY MOP ???? I have a Fed-Ex account or two. Dry Mop ???? Help a brother out...

Scott Stone

Nope, use a california Duster. It is treated to attract dirt, adn they cost about $20 a piece. One per guy, and they would probably ladt a really long time, because the dirtier they are, the better they work.

Our Sponsors