pressure washing

T

the new guy

hello guys and gals ive just started in the business and really dont know to much about it other than climbing on roofs and p/washing i started last month had a couple of jobs so far but would like to pick up . theres one problem other people in the business are cutting throats with there below normal prices . ive had a couple people call and want est so i give them the average 10 cents a sq ft . they will say but the other guy is charging 110.00 to do the roof so i tell them to stick with that guy because thats a great deal give me his number so he can work for me. is this wrong to say? so if anyone can give me a lot more info on pressure cleaning will be helpful. need to learn more about what chemicals to use and etc. thanks sammy from west palm beach florida home of the hanging chads

ron

yes it's wrong to say

you should bring up SAFETY,THE TYPE OF CHEM HE USES,PRESSURE AND DAMAGE,INSURANCE,HOW WELL HE CAN PROTECT YOUR GRASS AND GREENERY,IS HIS WASH JOB WARENTEED.
Sarcasim will turn off a customer like a light switch.
SELL YOURSELF!!!!!!
Do you want a $99 wash guy on your roof of your $500,000.00 home?
Did you think i was going to be cheaper then price?
Did you call because you were worried about a "fly by night co. messing up your roof then dissapearing into the night?"
Do you know that even 500 psi can shorten life of the roof by up too 2 years?
Did he offer a discounted yearly maint program to you?
See now your showing the customer that you are the educated
sevice tec. that knows what he's doing. Not a smart a$$.
I tell it like i see it.
Welcome Sam.
Got a pic of your rig?

WasherMan

Do you really thing the new guy has the insurance, the license, the experience and should bring up those points? He's complaining about lowballers, and he's the one without a clue as to what to do! He should be doing the jobs for 50 bucks!

timhays

any business that you own is generally worth it.....although it wont be easy in the beginning,nothing ever is,however if you stick it out through the good times and the bad eventually you will refine your business to a point you will be glad you did it.

yes this is a good business.good luck

psi-pressure

Hey guys just I thought I run a satellite business and for ten years now I have dealt with lowballers the hole time. Anyway my point is every time I got a customer say to me I got a cheaper price from the lowballer I undercut him to make the sale this put tghe lowballer out of business very quick does this not apply to this type of business and if not…. why not
Thanks Joe psi pressure washing

CaroliProWash

I'm sorry if I seem rude at this point but UNDERCUTTING THE LOWBALLER TO PUT HIM OUT OF BUSINESS IS - WELL, DUH - MAKING YOU A BIGGER LOWBALLER. It also hurts those of us who are trying to show the consumer that there is a difference between what a lowballer does and what a professional contractor does. What possible good can you be doing this industry if you are going to lowball the lowballers????

The reason you are not lower than the last guy is:

1 - You are a licensed and insured contractor. If the last guy falls off of Joe Homeowner's roof, will Joe Homeowner be paying for him or is the customer covered all the way around because you are professional enough to carry insurance.

2 - Will you be up stomping around on his roof or do you have the professional grade chemicals and equipment to do the job with the absolute LEAST amount of intrusion onto his roof top.

This can go on.......but I'm pretty sure I've given valid reasons why you don't try to lowball the lowballer.

That's just scary.

TexasWash

The natural instinct...

when u find that another competitor is lowballing you is to do the very same thing back. I almost got caught up in it, until i realized that the real fun comes when u learn to "up sell" and u still book the job but at a higher rate. I have no problem with someone taking a lower price with a customer who owns multiple properties if it will lead to additional jobs throughout the year but u just resist the temptation to be the low guy, because it will undoubtably happen to you. You gotta sell "yourself" to the customer, not just the price.

TW

Keoke

Very New

I am trying to research some info on commercial pressure washing and steam cleaning, for parking lots, etc. Where can I find any info, manuals videos etc. I did find a site pressure washing business.com but I don't know if I'll send off my money and get back alot of garbage info, like ....use water, oh and do a real good job, crap info that any person would know...Thanks for any info.

PressureForce

I must admit - I bought a $39 - pressure washing business in a box kit on the internet and it was pretty lame. Most of it was just prints of web pages!

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
:D funny

It may help keep someone else from wasting 40 bucks if you'll post the web site.I can till your a honest guy by you sending 40 dallors to someone that you thought was like you.This outside business is like that too,cann't even trust your competition b/c they always try under cutting ya. :D funny
honestengine powerwashing service lives all over town,send me 40 dallors and I'll send you the eqt. to save hunderds on your electric bill.

Our Sponsors