My Logo

Tim Smith

I created this about a 1 1/2 yrs ago just now posting

What do you think - good and bad comments welcome.

Attachments

• tidallogo2.jpg
    tidallogo2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 294

Tim Smith

Dan

Thanks for the comment. I debated on the letters.

The key to any log (yard sign, business card, etc) is to attract the eye. Studies have shown that a visual picture is far more effective than letters. The wave will attract the eye and due to the layout of the picture will bring the eye to focus on the word- TIDALWAVE.

Place a group of different business cards on a desk, come back in a hour and see which one you focus on. The one with color, picture, etc will be the one. Words all blend togethor.

The key to any logo is for customers that are familiar - to recognize your company before reading the first word.

Tim Smith

Justin

at&t have name recognition.

As of laying the cards out on a table - it the same in the phone book. Open a phone book to any section. What is your eye attractive too. Does the simple ad and logo get your attention or does color, etc get your attention. As of picking your teeth with nicest logo - you pick your teeth with them while others go to the bank with them. I'm just sort of kidden also.

I placed TIDALWAVE at that location for the reason stated above for Dan. The verbage is a lot clearer on business cards, mail-outs, etc.

As of judging the book by its cover - thats exactly what customers do. They judge the book by its cover. They may change their opinion, once they use your service or talk to you, but you have to attract them.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<Div style="filter:glow(color=blue,(strenght=50);width:540"><font size="6"face="arial"color="blue"><b>TIDALWAVE</b></font></div>

<div style="filter:wave (strenght=3,lightstrenght=30);width:540";><font size=6 color=blue><b>TIDALWAVE</font></div></b

<Div style="filter:dropshadow (color=green,offx=3,offy=3);width:540;"><font size=6 face=arial color=black><b>TIDALWAVE</b></font></div>>

Tim Smith

Justin

I appreciate your comments & see your point also.

Big Boy

I like the first one - how much do I owe you? Are you close to the Missouri border?

Larry L.

close but not close enough for ya to black my eye.

They where afew more I was going to show you but hit the wrong button last night.

They are some you can make the shadow or glow come from the wave itself,do not have time this morning to show you.Someone came along this morning with alittle springtime and I'm going to use some of it,be back when I run out.

Tim Smith

Bigboy

I don't want to black your eye - I may eat some blackeye peas & hog jaw with you.

I'm originally from the Missouri/Ark/Tenn state line - as we like to say "Cotton Country".

Marv

Tim I like it. I went with one I made, and used the "wave effect" for simular reason as you have stated. I agree with about all replies, image catches the eye, reputation makes it sell. After sevev years in automotive retail, mainly trucks, I have seen hundreds of cards go from hand to trash. I just want mine to catch the eye on the way to the can.

Attachments

• aquaforce.jpg
    aquaforce.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 259

Tim Smith

Marv

I like your logo.

You right on target. Logos & Business cards are a dime a dozen - what makes yours standout.

Earlier there was a comment - Makes me want to go to the beach. Customer pyschology 101. What does the beach make you think of - waves, relax, vacation, etc. The key to a logo is to make the customer familiar with your business. Recognition is the key. Plant the seed and when they go to yellow pages to hire a pressure washing contractor - hopefully your logo will be familiar - and if not - hopefully it will catch their eye. And if you stack that with customer service and a quality product-$$$$.

Larry L.

Neat looking logo Marv,something like that is what I was going to show Tim.Why didn't you also do the wording under AQUAFORCE,maybe a shadow.

Tim,Sure glad you wasn't wanting to black my eye like most,sure I live not to far from ya as the crow flys.Is that cotton country close to boot hill,I seen a guy get shot there several years ago.

You do not own me nothing,heck I'm just tickled pink ya didn't want to black my eye :)

Marv

Tim,
I bet that will look great on a shirt. Maybe with no border. I should have put a border on one to use on web. This one looks better on cards.

Bigboy,
Thanks. I tried the same shadow on the slogan (wording underneath) but it made it too dificult to read, and I get most comments on the play on words it uses.

I use the same for my letters, invoices... On letters the waved is big header, and the slogan is a footer along with phone number and e mail [green]

Last edited:

Tim Smith

Bigboy

I'm from the bootheel - Caruthersville, MO.

Marv

I looks great on shirts - I get a lot of comments on it all the time.

Our Sponsors