Building a float tank, need help!

aquapro

Hey guys

I am trying to build a float tank for cleaning filters back at my shop, does anyone have any good ideas so I can build a good one the first time? Not sure of the size needed (may vary), the typ of metal, how to circulate the water, etc..... Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

John Moller iI
www.aquaprocleaning.com

ron

i think he wants to build a big fish tank.
You want a soak tank with a circlelating pump?
If you go to a large fish store. The kind that sell koi.
They have large rubbermaid tanks with a pump and filter.
You could find an older water tank and convert it.
Shur-flo makes 110 volt pumps use a large screen filter like the ones used on outdoor fish ponds.
You could also just construct a plywood box and use the sheets of rubber that are used to make outdoor fish ponds.
They also sell large plastic fish ponds that have everything you'll need except the pump with the viton seals.
As a matter of fact they are on sale at northerntool.
Good luck.

Douglas Hicks

Check w/the people in Dallas/Ft Worth. you'll need a float valve, and bulkhead fittings. I make my water tank out of used 55 gallon barrels.

If you make a soak tank out of fish tank parts, let us know how it works. I've often thought of a filter service.

Instead jof a pump, you cna use an air compressor to keep the fluid moving. teh compressor pressure switch has to be wired differently. Darykl Mirza knows how. Or maybe the whiz or mark can tell you.

Make a basket to put the filters in, use a small chainfall or hoist to raise and lower it. you'll want to heat the solution, put a lid on the tank to keep the heat in. As the grease particles float to the surface you will need a skimmer to pull hte grease from the surface.

Douglas HIcks
General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc

Our Sponsors