Refer trailer wash out

C

cpw

Hi guy's first post.
I'm considering cleaning refridgerated trailers. Was asked what I would charge, I told them $20. per. Was that too little? They want the inside and out done. The potential contract is not happy with their current service. The turn over is every 2 weeks I beleive. Thanks any input woud be great.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Welcome

Yes and No,,,Depends

Around here the outside goes for 15 to 25 and inside 8 to 15 for rinse floor only.

Dave Olson

Hello cpw,

You may want to consider an hourly rate with a minimum to come to their yard.

Example: $250 min, 2 man crew, $125/hour. Stack pallets and bulkheads, rinse interiors, sweep trash into piles. We have done this 6 days per week @ 6am. Sometimes we only had 6-8 trailers other times as many as 20.

Two guys that have their act together can do 10 trailers per hour. We used 1508 tips @ 3000 psi. Trailers were dropped away from the dock or in the yard. Most were right next to each other.

Dave Olson

Dan S

Welcome aboard cpw,

how many units?

thats not a bad price if there are 50-60 of them ..

if they have alot of units give them a fare price....... if there is only a couple raise it another 10.00 for a complete wash.

C

cpw

Thanks for the input. There will be about 170 trailers. 2 sites.
It's gonna get a bit wild around Mothers Day. (Flowers)
I'm thinking 20.00 is a bit small.

Austin

I wouldn't wash out the inside for any less than $30. If I got an account that had 170 of em I might do em for $25.

Dan S

figure your travel, materials, gas , fuel , wear.

170 x 20 = $3400.00

twice a week thats $ 6800.00

I dont know about you but I think that is good money
And thats not counting all the other p/wing work you do besides this.
if they only had a couple I would charge more
but since they have 170 if you dont give them a break ....... some body else will . :)

Our Sponsors