New Startup.....Different Town

Craig Knight

When establishing a new startup 156 miles away from existing business. Do You.....?

1) Use same name or new identity?
2) Get local numbers or a 1-800 # Since i will be answering calls from houston, and use the same name as existing business.

You see, the new startup is going to be an all out "push" from day one. It will be commercial only. Oil companies are calling as far as houston (156 miles) and ***** (130 miles) just to get power washers to come clean equipment. I approached one of the oil companies this weekend, and he agreed to sign a contract the day the new startup is established. I told him i would have a crew on by June 15th, and another there by the end of the month. We agreed on a minimum hour/week guarantee and a minimum per hour rate per crew. That is one of 4 oil/gas companies that are actively drilling in this county.

So should i tie this new startup in with same company or should i start a new company and inc. it also?

ron

Dont ask us. Ask your accountant.
Could be better to have 2 diffrent co.
Because you really dont need the name as reputation, you might want 2 names so is something happen's to one[or ever want to sell just one] it wont be a problem.
Time to incorp.
As i said ask you accountant, but i would bet they say to seperate the two

Craig Knight

Yeah, i figured separating the two would be what the majority would say. I just know that some of yall work under different names for different areas of expertise and geographical areas.

Combining the two areas into the same company would have many benifits also. Liability insurance, answering service, bookkeeping, not to mention the expense of changing signs, logo's, website, etc.

Guess the ole' saying is true, " you got to spend it, to make it."

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Why would you want to call it something else other then your company name.You may have to change your letter heads as a add on to what your already doing.I'd get the 800 # or use your cell phone if your doing to be the one hatching the deals.It doesn't sound like it going to be a to big of a "push" to make it happen,good luck in your growing.

As for saleing it someday you always sale a branch off a tree,with it you'll have more whipping power or buying power.

Cody

<font color=e87400>Leave it one name!

Then you can advertise multiple locations. In the eyes of the customer it will add size, trust, dependablity & integrity to your company, thus should increase your sales, perhaps even at higher prices. You'll want your locations on all of your sales literature. It's a Great Pitch, I don't know why you would ever consider passing it up!

Opening multiple companies is done in the same area & is all about estimates. Nuff said about that, you get it or ya don't ;)</font>

Michael T

new location

Craig,
Keep your name the same. I think 800# is a good idea. Especially for out of town customers. I have one attached to my business #.
Same # just 888 prefix. Works real good and is cheap. Just an added convinience for out of town customers. Email me if you want 800# info.

Success to you as you expand.

Mike Hughes

if you make it completely seperate, you could easily sell it off if you decide you don't want it anymore........

solutionsvrp

training.

Hi guys,

A question that I have.
When you take on new staff, how do you train them? Under the OSHA regulations, staff needs to be trained, both the theoretical and practical sides of the business.
(Well in Australia anyhow.)
Regards from Down Under.
Frank

ron

asK OSHA

Maybe they have some kind of genral safty test and combine that with x-amount of hand's on training.?

Our Sponsors