soap......

Dan S

Have been using power brite for years but now I wanna try a better soap >>>>> if there is such a thing<<<<<<<

I like GLORY but it is alota $$ for a drum .... thinking about going back to 2 stepping but it adds cost using another chem ..

Okay what works what dont .

Who has the best soap? and the cheepest.... yeah I know I want it all HUH? I need to order soap this week ...... maybe I will just use dawn and a brush ...........LOL.

ron

POWER BRITE, You told me BROWN DERBY!
Dont make me ride out to PA to kick your tail.
I should be getting it today, along with the acid.
What give's with you saying one thing but doing another. I was going to order the POWER BRITE before YOU changed my mind.
Bigboy has a new red powder from KO he use's. Ive used it but i needed to kick it up with R202 from delco.
Brown Derby is the first sodium hyd. based soap ive used
Most ive used are sodium maticulate[spelling].

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Foxie you know better,you'll never find one like what your wanting nor will I.I've used hunderds of lbs of different soaps,none of them would I ladel bad soaps,they all worked.The Brown Derdy is about the same as Delco's 1433,they both work will on diesel smoke.I'm useing KO soaps now which I think works better with the 2 step than what I was useing.I think any Qkly soap is just as good as another Qkly soap,it depends on the user and how they apply the soap.What one ladels a bad soap another will praise it,I would advise to try to find a good soap local.

Dan S

power brite >>>>>>> brown derby it 's the same soap just different label......................

nothing gives..... I just want to try a different brand . I ordered the GLORY @ 600.00 per drum . I will get 5 .5 drums outa that as well but it's a lil more then the power brite ie derby ... GLORY leaves a shine and you dont have to worry about running your a@@ off trying to get to it before it dries . Now the derby you better not let it dry @ all . and watch the alum. tanks ... esp. the polished ones ....... Summer will soon be here someday and I wanted a soap that was more forgiving in the heat .. If you spray the glory and forget to rince for what ever reason it wont harm the paint and is still easy to get off when it dries.

so thats where I am @ ....... I have used the Glory before but wanted to cut corners and went with the "derby" but I WANT THOSE TRKS TO SHINE AGAIN !!........LOL I mean really shine .. spray on spray off is my game ..............

I was just wondering what the other fleet washers wash with.

offdutyfirema

I use Gutter Zap from Xterior for my fleetwashing. It is the one of the cheapest soaps I have tried but it looks like the trucks have been waxed when it dries.

ron

Dan, Glory is $115 per 55 gal[free freight]
Brown derby is $80 [plus shipping-about $96
both will brown acided alum and Glory can brown polished alum.
Glory need's 2 aplication's to be brushless.
Dont know abouit the Derby because i use it in 2 stepping.
So gal to gal it's not much diffrent in price
Amount of soap used per truck could be close to the same.
Glory has built in water softener's and wax. So if you added these to to the Derby, the Derby would cost more.
The whole being able to let GLORY dry on surface has a great value.
Both have sodium hyd. in them.
If this thread was posted last week and i knew about the FREE shipping. I prob would have tried the GLORY before the DERBY.
Please post back as to your finding's on the GLORY.

Dan S

Ron you are going to like the derby I didnt steer you wrong my Friend.

I got the glory bc .......... pure concentrate thats why it's 600.00

I talked to the owner yesterday He said if I am pre-spraying (which I do ) I take 1 gal outa the glorybc and then add 54 gal of h20.

as far as 2 applications Im going to 2 step all the trks. for one week then just the glory there afterwards.

Ron you will LOVE the DERBY ............trust me !

mr. P's

Dan S. are you still using Glory BC? If not why not and what did you find that does a better job? Thanks.

mr.P

Dan S

Brown Soap.........

Glory works great but the Brown is cheeper

it's hard to say what I use for sure I add and mix my own

Bill B

Do you do anything different to get road salt off of vehicles. I have several trucks and other equipment to clean tomorrow - owned by lawn care guy that has been clearing parking lots.

Dan S

I have not used R-109 but I hear it is the same as brown-derby, Power Brite

The road salt has to be the easiest to re-move ( at least in my area ) about the only thing I do different is use less chem. The salt seems to keep the dirt off of the paint. It sorta acts like a barrier of some sort and comes off with ease. If that makes any since to `ya.

Remember it's a piese of cake................ As long as you can stand the cold...

Our Sponsors