Any one use TV? how well does valpak work?

kjacques21

I am just starting out my former career was a Director of AD Sales for a large cable co. So I think of my self as knowledgable in the advetising arena...Of course that was with other peoples money!
Now that it is my own the perspective is a tad diffrent :)
I am considering doing some tv spots in my market I can get spots on netwroks like HGTV, NICK at night ,History, TNN TLC for as little as $4 a commercial. So for $500 a month i can get descent exposure. Has any one tried this? None of the marketing info i have read so far mentions tv I was wondering why.
Also what does work best...is a big yellow page ad neccesary or just a listing? ValPAK, money mailer what are the type of returns on a 10,000 piece drop?

If anyone does use cable tv and needs someone to look over a schedule i'd be happy to help

Ken
Deck Doctors and Power washing 2
Hilton Head SC

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Never tried tv, But im sure it works if you expose your ad over and over again. I found that direct mail works pretty well certain months of the year.

The problem with val pac and others is there are 20 plus coupons in the pack. But it does work. I have used Money Mail a lot over the years.

oneness

I'm assuming that $500.00 wouldn't include producing the commercial. What are the requirements as far as format/quality, and have you checked into the cost of having a short commercial produced?

kjacques21

no the 500 does not include production...production costs can vary from as little as 250 in a plca like lebanon NH to 2000 in chicago for a local spot...what would be great is to get with some people to produce a few spots that can be tagged to different business's....the cost of a schedule varies as well depending on the market...the great thing about cable is that it is zonable similar to a val pak where you cvan just purchase a geographic area. I place a posting at a local art school and have recieved like 15 calls I am hoping to get my spots done for little money...some cable co..also will do for free....people make fun of local tv ads but its not the quality opf the spot in terms of look but the message you use...also studies have been done that people actually watch local ads more than national ones due to them being of local interest.

i didnt answer your question..requirements are :30 of beta tape or a digital format...camcorder wont cut it ;)

Our Sponsors