Business Name Opinion

S

sprayandclean

Having been in the PW business now for 10 years, using the name Spray and Clean, my deck care side of the business has now reached over 65% of my gross... anyway, I have somewhat of an identity crisis, my new customers tell me they had no idea from my business name that I treat / stain decks, so I am considering creating a seperate name for the deck side of the biz.

Near the front of the alphabet is good, a name that tells what aa business does is always good, a local name is good, (my main market is in Charlottesville, Va, Albemarle County, near the Blue Ridge Mountains). I am pretty sure 'Deck Care' will be part of the name, but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Bates McLain
spray and clean

ron

deck doctor
deck's r us
deck's n more
deck's done right
deck saver's
A-1 deck's
arrow deck's ''allway's on target'' [nice logo idea also]

Tim Lynch

Deck refinishing by Timothy J Lynch
Gutter Cleaning by Timothy J Lynch

Simple and sweet.

LOL lines match up :)

Works fine for me and the checks are in my name.

Mike Hughes

Replace the word "deck" with Wood. Wood care covers all of the bases...........cedar homes, fences, gazebos, etc...........

oneness

Mike:

I had the same thought, but if you are focusing ONLY on decks, and not fences or log homes, etc, I would think using the word "deck" would better convey what you do.

How about "Blue Ridge Deck, Fencing, Log Home, Dock, and Gazebo Restoration".

:p

ron

i used DECK because it come's up in alphbetical order way before WOOD.
Anyone that want's a lot of work should have 3 or 4 ad's per phone book.
Next year ill be under
pressure washing
fleet cleaning
building cleaning
deck restoration
house washing
in our phone book their is no "also see"
under building washing their are 24 contractor's listed
under pressure washing their are only 3
3 for deck's
40 painter's that power wash and do deck's.

Mike Hughes

Originally posted by ron
i used DECK because it come's up in alphbetical order way before WOOD.

That would only apply if you used deck/wood as the first word in your company name.....

S

sprayandclean

Thanks

Thank you all for your ideas! As usual, as my greandpappy told me,"Two heads are better than one".

I really appreciate every idea, and suggestion. The past year has been tough here in Va, last summer we were shut down for 3 months by the drought, the winter was much harder and longer than normal, and this summer has so far been very rainy (8 non rain days in the past 65 days). Odds are this will never happen again. The good news about the drought was that the hardship drove the local powerwashers together, and we have all profitted from it, and we formed a low key local Powerwasher's Association.

My point is this, we all profit from sharing ideas and tips.

Thanks again,
Bates McLain

Tim Lynch

Originally posted by oneness
If you want to come up first, try something like

AAAAAA Blue ridge deck care

or

A1 Deck Care

:p

True but if your running an AD under that section it does not matter much. It matters on size and how soon you reserve your spot.

jlpressure

Amazing Decks Restoration
Amazing Deck Care
Always Clean Deck Care
A Magnifisant Deck Care
Always Right Deck Restoration
A-Plus Decks
A-OK Deck Care

or
Awful Decks
Average Deck care

Alright those last few might not work to well