new guy

nellieinvt

I'm a newbie who has been reading lots of posts and hopefully some of it has stuck. I want to retire from my job in the next year or two and would like to start a pressure washing business
to give me something to do and hopefully extra spending money.
I want to just do mobile homes and single level vinyl sided homes
Maybe down the road some used car lots. When you retire you can be a little choosy. I have found a cold water pw I like from Northern Tool. Will the following be good enough?
Northstar 3 gpm 3000 psi 9hp honda/comet pump with low oil shut down,safety relief, thermal relief and quick couple nozzels. Price around $800.00

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
The Northstar unit will probably do the trick, however you can get a 4 GPM unit for a little more $ now a belt drive is the way to go!

http://store.yahoo.com/pressurewasherzone/30psihonpowp1.html

pressurewasherzone_1745_2065841

nellieinvt

IS THERE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR DOMESTIC WATER SOURCES NOT TO BE ABLE TO SUPPLY 4GPM ESPECIALLY MOBILE HOME COURTS AND IF SO WHAT SHOULD SOMEONE LOOK FOR REGARDING EQUIPMENT ETC.
SHOULD THIS BE CONSIDERED WHEN ESTIMATING THE JOB. SO MANY QUESTIONS AND Y'ALL HAVE THE ANSWERS.

Mike Hughes

I guess it's possible for a water source to not keep up with 4gpms, but it's not likely. i never had a problem back when I was running a 4gpm machine straight off the hose spigot.

If it develops into a problem, you could use a 55 gallon drum as a water tank (supplemental water source).

Just keep in mind water is heavy..........8.34 pounds per gallon..............so carrying it around can be tough on vehicles.

Dan S

I carry 550 gal of h20 on one trk. and 350 on another .......

both just heavy duty 1ton CHEVYS ...................>>

Dave Olson

Mobile Home parks in my area will not allow you to use their water! You must bring your own water!

Dave Olson

Our Sponsors