Hunka Hunka Burnin Love!

Kevin

Guys my ladder is a 1A rated ladder for 300lbs but I weigh 330 and Im 6'5" tall. I know you're thinking damn he's fat but I just want to tell you that it all turns to ____ at midnight! I think exceeding the weight limit is ok when your not 20ft in the air but do these ladders have a safety factor that anyone knows about? I plan on doing some nice size houses and I don't want to come crashing down. Thanks!

Jon

Kevin,

Here I am all along thinking your some small town backwards kid and now you tell us you should be playing football!

Hey this might be dumb but why not call the companies that make ladders and ask them if they have special ladders for people your size?

Safety is if utmost importance, and when working alone double so. Who is there to help you if you fall off that ladder ?

------------------
I'm always cleaning up other people's me$$es.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247

[This message has been edited by Jon (edited February 27, 2000).]

Randy

As a fulltime firefighter/paramedic i see alot of ladders tested and they test them to outrageous weights. their is a saftey factor that is used but i can remember the %. but you have to know a ladders weight cap is based on the ladder being placed fully extended if app.in the horizontal pos. and the weight is placed in the center of the ladder to get the safe limits, in my mind that has never made any sense. because a ladder is never climbed while it is laying on the ground, i feel the test should be done as the ladder sits in a vertical working pos. that would give the ladder 4-5 time the weight limit that is currently rated for. now dont go out and climb that thing if you are not comfortable with it. remember, "ITS NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS, ITS THAT SUDDEN STOP AND THE END."

tucker

Kevin,
I too feel that they under rate a lot of products for people that do foolish things with them and then sue the manufacturer. Saw a 60 MINUTES program, where a farmer was painting the roof of his barn and rested one of the feet on a pile of cow manure in the early morning. He decided to come down at mid day, the manure had thawed out and he fell. He sued the manufacturer and won!
Tucker
P.S. If all of that turns to ___ at midnight, what do you do with all of it? Do you live on a farm?

Our Sponsors