Equipment Setup

ace329

I just want say this is a wonderful forum with loads of information in running a Pressure Washing Business.

My name is Mike I'm from Burlington, NC I've been looking into starting a PW business part-time. I researched several different pressure washer that has been recommended throughout the site. I guess I need to get to the question.

How do you have your equipment setup (for example, do you have 4X8 trailer etc)? I'm looking into doing residental house wash and deck cleaning to start out with.

I'm taking this winter to map out my business plan as well as learning how to properly power wash and use of different chemical.

Any help will greatly appreciated!!!

oneness

If all you're going to do is house washing and decks, a 5gpm belt drive cold water machine will do just fine. A 4x8 will be a bit small, since you'll need room for a couple hose reels, a surface cleaner, room for chemicals, at least a small water tank, a ladder, gas cans, spare parts, etc etc.

You shouldn't need to bring your own water for the type of work you're looking to do, so you won't need a big tank, just large enough to run your bypass into and give you a little buffer for jobs where the water supply is below 5 gpm.

jlpressure

For just houses and driveways, roofs you need at least 4 gpm beltdrive cold water will do. buy a xjet nozzle some 12% chlorine and a good soap/cleaner and go to town on house. for driveways you should have at least a 20' surface cleaner. roofs I xjet from roof 12% and rinse. Now if you have $$$to spend I would get a larger / better set up. what i told you to get is what I did for $$$ reasons and it has worked fine for me. I do residential and commercial condo complexs, 1 side of 14 story building and a few office buildings and more

CaroliProWash

Start up in Burlington NC

Hi Mike,

We have started up this year in the Burlington/Graham area. If you want to give us a call (we can at least let you know what we've run into here, ie, insurance company, licensing, etc), you can reach us at either (336) 516-6356 Celeste or (336) 516-6139 Roger.

Good Luck to you,

Our Sponsors