Fleet Wash - Strikes again

B

Bo diddly

Fleet wash

Hello Bridget,

I have never worked with Fleet Wash, however they have approached me with interest in the contracts that I hold. They are obviously a big money organization who make themselves look good on paper so they can afford to gobble up work at low cost. They do a good job too.

In a conversation with an overly confident individual who most likely has never washed a truck, I was informed that they pay between 30-50 cents on the dollar for establised businesses. Then again, he also expressed that they already controlled all of the fleet washing going on in my area. Basically I believe that he was trying to tell me that they were after my contracts. Good luck I say.

Please explain what your issue is.

Thank You,
Bo

United

Bo,

I had posted a few months back about Fleet Wash coming to Michigan. They apparently won a contract with FedEx FREIGHT to wash their trucks NATIONALLY. So FedEx FREIGHT fired all their washers, then told us that if we wanted to continue to service them that we would have to do so through Fleet Wash for 1/2 the price.

In the meantime- Fleet Wash was on the phone calling up every wash company thoughout the State - trying to wheel and deal to find a wash company to wash at the cheapest price possible.

They would provide nothing in writing - they claimed the price they were going to pay the washer was what they were getting paid from FedEx - yea right!!!!!

They said they didn't need washers with insurance because I quote..."They had enough" Although these are water recovery sites...they talked around the issue - "if you could recovery great - if not - that's ok too, just rig something up for show sake."

A fellow washer agreed to wash for Fleet Wash - It's been maybe 2-3 months now. Well, Fleet Wash is now giving him an ultimatum...accept even less or we'll replace you with someone who will.

Sad.

The hope I have....is that Fleet Wash will crumble. They will hire on the cheapest labor, to do the cheapest jobs - the quality will be substandard, the customer service will fail with the weight of complaints and their customers will walk.

It will start with individual site/fleet managers....they will get feed up with the poor quality, the inconsistent wash schedule, the unanswered calls and one by one site managers will hire us back. Corporate Fleet Managers will surely see through the song and dance some day and realize what Fleet Wash is all about.

Gordon & Bridget

B

Bo diddly

Gordon & Bridget,

I commend you for your energy and I hope that it does not get the best of you because ---- In my opinion, Fleetwash is that company that shows up guarentees companies such as federal express SAVINGS. Savings on a scale that you and I cannot compete with. I was not aware that they had the national account for Fedex Freight, but that makes total sense. They obviously did not negotiate such a deal with each individual fleet manager, they went to the top and showed them numbers. If the national average for cost of washing their trucks was $25 per truck and $25 per trailer per month for lets say 3500 total nationally ( at least), that is 175,000 per month (2,100,000/year). Fleetwash then not only agrees to accept responsibility for every truck being washed (fedex employee time) but they agree to a per truck washing at a less than average rate; $23/ truck = $84,000 per year savings not including managerial hours finding contractors. Then the best part is, we wash them for 20 and everyone is happy.

Long story short, the only way to beat the beast is to let the beast beat itself. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM and they will fail.

Good luck,
Bo

United

Bo,
Your right!!

You were also very close in your numbers. We were getting over $20.00 for each unit - Fleet Wash was offering $14.00 and now as I hear they are wanting washers to do it for less than that.

Gordon & Bridget

ron

lowball, get the contract's, then raise the price.
This is the marketing idea that has put a lot of people out of buissness.
Tell me this.
Why is it that UPS can afford to wash their own truck's and fed-x sub's it out?
The largest supermarket chain in NJ [food circus] just started their own pressure washing service. They want nothing more to do with sub's.
Seem's it's much cheaper to hire then to sub.

B

Bo diddly

Fedex does not manage things like UPS. I have washed trucks for UPS at a location where they still carry a sub. UPS is by the book and they are responsible for all of their property and emplyees. Fedex does not even own their own buildings. Also, the terms of a contract to wash trucks for fedex allows for termination or downgrade at any time to cut costs. In my region, they decided to go from a wash schedule of 3 days per week for 6 months and 5 days per week for 6 months to 1 day per week for 8 months and 2 days per week for 4 months. That's a major dent in business.

Good luck,
Bo

Superwash

fleetwash

I have gone full circle with Fleetwash.Sold out to them and worked for them, and now back on my own.I must say I like it much better being their competitor!It makes things much easier.All you have to do is follow them around or just call on their accounts,I guarantee at one time or another they've messed up or will mess up big time and the account is yours for the taking!Most companies would rather deal with a small time guy like me that cares about the account,speaks English,and is accessable and some are even willing to pay more to get the job done right.Remember,you get what you pay for.Im in this business for 17 years and have made a good living just on those accounts lost by Fleetwash.Dont fall into their trap,dont sell contracts or yourself,they pay you with stocks that are useless!They treat you like dirt and get rid of you when they no longer have use for you but already own your business!

onecallpowerw

Most of you are absolutely right. Fleet Wash came in and underbid the bread company that I was washing for. Well needless to say they got the contract. 4 months later, the fleet manager called me and asked for me to come back. Apparently their 4 locations were all dissatisfied with fleet wash and their lies. One depot set up camera's due to Fleet wash washing on Sunday. They received a bill for washing but on tape no Fleet Wash was to be found. Thank you Fleet Wash. I was able to up my price at your expense and you will be remembered by this bread company for years to come....................

Dan S

Fleetwash made it to Pa. well they have been here right along .. My buddie that is also in this business just lost his coke-cola account to them ... Coke called them and said that they wanted to only have one vendor that can handel all the trks. instead of several ....... Why cant the corporation see this ? Meaning the guys sitting at the desk making all the decisions , as to who gets the account and who dont .

Our Sponsors