two step ??

hydro-clean

I have been powerwashing for two years, but i havent really done trucks cause they seem to take too much time, but ive been tryng to read up on two stepping and am thinking this is the way to go. I have a few questions, I know the object is to neutralize the acid with the alkaline soap so should you use an acid and the highest alkaline soap you can find? How should i mix the acid if i wanted to use a shurflow to apply it? Where can i get the acid and soap? anywhere in my area. thanks for any help.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
I know the object is to neutralize the acid with the alkaline soap The object is they work together to clean a surface not as a neutralizer.

should you use an acid and the highest alkaline soap you can find?

No,but it helps if you use a Qkly alkaline soap,some work better with the acid then others.

How should i mix the acid if i wanted to use a shurflow to apply it?

Go by the ladel on the container of each acid,they are not all alike,then you can add more if you need.Which in most cases like soaps you'll have to add more to get a faster clean.For a one man team the downstreamer is a faster way then the shurflow.If acid dries on a surface it want work when you hit it with your soap,you'll have to reply the acid.

Where can i get the acid and soap? anywhere in my area.
Any powerwashing wholersaler will carry a Alkaline soap,every few will carry the HF acid.Don't know the area you live in,add it under your name,someone may see it in your area and help you more.

Larry L.

sorry,,,,,,,quality.......

Yes,it should be a good acid.

may I ask your location?,several cann't find the HF acid and it may help them as to where.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
hydro-clean,

Do your homework on HF acid before using it, it is a Fantastic Cleaner, but it can KILL YOU also!

Larry L.

Hahaha give it a A+ then kick it in the hindend and gave it a 4 F......forgive me.

So will a 357 S&W,electric,water,Cars,traINS,fast foods,degreasers,everyday life.If a feller doesn't know what he's dealing with in now days and times it doesn't matter what it is it will kill ya :D.Did ya know a bee sting will do the samething to some people,staying alive isn't easy nomatter what you work at or do.Takes Marks advice,its a good one,read up on the danger of useing acids and it wouldn't hurt to read up on the degreasers,both are dangous.Always look at the heath rating on all chemicals and the harm they may cause 2,3,4 years on down the road.

If you want to see it in use go to your local truck wash,most still use it(in my area) and watch how they apply it.Alot of the truckers still want a acid wash,it takes the dullest out of the paint and alumu.,chrome,stainless steel.............again,Marks right,it can kill ya.

Dan S

Bloodstream , Bucket....................................

I use a downstream injector with the 2 hose barbs Acid and soap @ the same time............

Gwas

I know 2 great places to get HF acid. Where do you live ??? Best cleaner going.... I have been using it for years.... My pee glows in the dark but I guess that's OK !!!!!!

United

We purchase our 2 step soap from Ideal Chemical in Georgia (800-824-889, step 2 is Panel Bright...by far the best soap around) Give them a call they can tell you of a local distributor. You can tell them where you live - I can assure you they won't tell us. (hee hee hee)

Bridget & Gordon

P.S. GWAS you're a riot :)
So you never did tell us why we saw you in our neck of the woods...in fact we've seen you on more than one occassion since we bumped into each other. Do you need directions back to the West Side? Are you lost? Or is it that the grass IS greener on the East Side :) :) :)

Last edited:

Gwas

Bridgett,
Not lost just having fun !!!!! I have been looking for your house cause I hear it is dirty and you need someone to clean it !!!!! My company is starting to pick up some more accounts out that way. I just got a nice one in sterling heights, is that near you ??? I am staying away from FED EX !!!!! I know that is your baby..... Just trying to keep Fleet wash out !!!! Do you do any of the car carrier companies ??? We need to do lunch ASAP !!!!! 800-485-1076.... I will fill you in on my plans so I do not step on your toes. Normally I do not care but in your case I DO !!!!!

United

Mike,

You can't find our house? That's because you looking for a dirty one :) Gordon does a fine fine job of keeping our house clean, but thanks anyway.

I'll give you a ring today, by the way...we do not wash car haulers...have at em'.

Bridget

Our Sponsors