The Terminator

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Here is a picture of a popular machine in our area.

California Special THE TERMINATOR

8 GPM @ 3500 PSI:cool:
Powered by a 25 HP Kohler driving an AR pump and
a Winco 2000 watt generator, shown on our single
axel trailer with 230 gallon tank, two Cox hose reels,
and soap / utility tank rack with four 5# gallon soap
containers.:)

This skid was just sold yesterday, we mounted it on
customers trailer.

Attachments

• 8355wsoaptank.jpg
    8355wsoaptank.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 514

Dan S

looks good Mark

I think I would rather have clear soap jugs, and also either gauges or see thru fuel and gas cans....... I hate the way they built mine outa alum. they should of had a sight glass or something.......'ya never know how much 'ya got .........

I can judge it however by how long I wash ......BUT it would be nice if the "builders " would think of the little things like that.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
No problem Dan, I will have your set up with the see through jugs. The jugs are made locally, and when I went to pick them up they only had one see through jug in stock. :)

I agree I prefer the see through jugs.

oguard

Remember that some Dot jurisdictions MAY require you to placcard your vehicle when carrying that much fuel. Also be aware that there are OSHA regulations on the types of container for various fuels including the colour they are supposed to be.

It is not that a manufacturer does not think of these things it is just that there are regulations that MUST be adhered to in order to comply with Federal/State/Provincial/Municipal statutes as well as the ever popular Insurance Company for liability that all manufacturers must maintain.

In our case we must use plastic that includes cross linked polyethylene certifed for use in exposure to the different fuels expected. Racing style cans MAY not be approved for use on an exposed trailer; check with your local DoT.

Steel tanks are preferred by many manufacturers because of the cost, convenience and design flexability they entail. Metal tanks are easily made liquid tight including fittings. Aluminium is not common for fuel tanks for cost reasons like material and fabrication.

Not wanting to rain on any parade but to make sure you have information that may possibly prevent future problems.

Hope this helps? Cheers.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
No rain on my parade! :)
The -4- jugs are Utility Jugs / Soap Jugs not fuel containers

However the same jugs with a different lid are legal in California for gasoline, with the lid on them I believe they are legal in 49 states.

:);)

P

paul-uk

go to www.iespell and you wont have to ask again dan ;-)......looks like a nice rig mark...how much does a rig like that cost.

chers paul.

Walt Graner

Have to use metal fuel tanks on state jobs here, you know the ones with the spring lid and built in yellow funnel. Get caught with a plastic fuel tank, get fined and spanked hard by state. Big no no here.

Our Sponsors