Job Description

reonz

It is very important that both you and your customer know exactly what your service will provide.

Knowing exactly what your job responsibilities are as a professional restaurant hood cleaning service could save you money and misunderstandings with your customers. Your expertise is to remove accumulated grease. If your customer has problems that are out of your field, such as bad wiring, loose ansul pipes or a piece of equipment that is not working, Have him seek professional help.

Anyone want to go into detail on this subject?

Randy Bachman
Baldwin Park Ca

dodsonish

I explain the entire process of cleaning to my customers as well as give them a "job summary" pamphlet.

I agree it is very important for them to know the exact job you are performing.

I've had a couple of people expect the make up air vent to be cleaned as part of the exhaust system. They didn't even know how the system operates. They were pretty suprised to find out they are two seperate units.

Dan S

Is that your web site Randy?

Alot of great info. I am thinking about ordering this.

If it is not yours then can anybody tell me What they think about it.....How about you Matt?

timhays

yes thats him.

Randy i am curious about the income potential of offering how to educational courses?

is it profitable?

Last edited:

MBryan

I bought the manual and it is a very good guide for anyone that is thinking about getting in to the business. I didn't really get any new ideas but the manual would definately get someone new to exhaust cleaning on the right path and they could learn the rest as they go.

MBryan

I take that back, the filter cleaning machine was great new idea and with this we should have our filter exchange service division up and running by early next year.

dodsonish

Do you do your own illustrations? Also is the filter cleaning service guide in the book?

Attachments

• qs_logo.gif
    qs_logo.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 159

Douglas Hicks

He does not need to use plastic. He is using a little known technique called "the fan in Overdrive" It is simple, run a 220 V wire to the fan, and hook it up. The fan goes so fast all of the water is sucked up the duct and outside! You can use more 220v lines as needed, but be aware that when you get to a total of 880V, the doors and windows get ripped off in the wind. A rope around the waist is advised also. Make sure you wire the motor properly, if wired backwards, the fan blows down the duct.

Douglas Hicks
General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc

Our Sponsors