Flashing

chirobob

Larry,
could you please elaborate on this.
My concerns with flashing is that I would have to wear full chem suit and respirator while doing this.
If you are downstreaming then at what Concentration is your acid 20% or 40 % to get it at 1-2% at the dual lance and how effective is it if you have upstream soap travelling down the same my guess would be that the acid base reaction takes place in the line and not at the surface being cleaned????????? I would be interested on any ones thoughts.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
I'm from the old school and do not wear the chem suit and respirator and yes you would need to wear your suit.

40%,my mix rate depends on the weather,colder more hotter less,sometimes 4 to 1 and sometimes 1 to 1 in my chemical tank.Yes the chemicals maybe inter acking inside the hose if upsteaming soap,it cleans good tho when done this way,altho you can flash while rinsing without any soap in the hose :),I do it both ways.Timing is the keg to flashing,depending on the surface needing more or just a touchup.

above freezing :eek:,I've got to go to work,buurrr

chirobob

Larry,
it was 109 degrees F over here today I nearly melted in my suit. I gave up on the truck washing today as it was drying too fast. I guess with summer upon us here I will start doing them at night. No complaints from me, Uni is out for the summer and I get to go fishing during the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Sure wish I had some of that heat you had but not dat hot :),,do ya'll have a winter?.

We've had wind gust up to 35 mph to go along with the colder weather making the wind chil burrrr.The last two days it has been drying on the trucks like it was a hot summer day,making all colors hard to wash.

I had to flash two white polished rigs today b/c of a hard water stain on the paint,they have been on wet gravel roads hauling rice off farms.

Our Sponsors