Truck brushes

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
How about sharing pictures 0f the truck brushes you use.Its hard to find a good truck brush around here,most are to stiff bristled and want hold water.

I'd like to have one with a slim head with soft bristles and the bristles hold more water,A 12 or 14 in.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
10" GREEN NYLON BRISTLE TRUCKWASH BRUSH,POLYPRO. BLOCK WITH BUMPER In Stock #1052

Product Information

Hard working wash brushes for vehicle maintenance. Durable plypropylene brush block filled with popular bristle materials. bumper protects wash surfaces. Dense bristle holds water and assures thorough cleaning.

Technical Notes
FEATURES:
10" oblong brush
2-1/2" trim
Gren flagged nylon fiber

Attachments

• green10inchtruckbrush.gif
    green10inchtruckbrush.gif
    20 KB · Views: 256

Dan S

Truck Brush!!!!!!!

Now thats funny .... I come from camp to take a shower and I see Big-boy wanting a brush ...... What the heck is the world comming too ? Whats wrong there fellow cant get 'em cleaned anymore?
or are you on your second wind in your ole' age?lol

Uh!!!! My son got his first Deer on Monday Big ole' butt Doe .. Boy was he tickled ....... Im going back to camp with a few guys and see if we can spot ole' Mr. Big buck .....

Larry L.

:eek: Brushing,,

Mark I haven't all day to brush a truck,need a bigger slimmer one :).

I've carried the ones on the rig so long why need replacing,I haven't worn them out.The one I like best is 14 in slim block with soft bristles plus it holds water/chemical.I have another one thats 10 in big block with bristles to stiff and water runs off it like on a ducks back.You can get in behind the grab bars with the soft slim block but I cann't remember where I picked it up.Its getting close to my once a year brushing and I thought I'd get new brushes for the job,a nice blue one would be nice.

Helped my son drag out a smooth head last Monday night,one of the coldest nights we'd had.I've got a new bow with all the bells,:eek: cann't pull it back :),trading it today for a weaker one.

Scott Stone

Zep has a long skinny brush for about $20. I use brushes from one of the guys I buy chemicals from, and get them for about $8 a piece, and they are probably the best brushes that I have ever used. They are even impervious to acid.

Scott

Larry L.

Mark can you order different type brushes fairly easy? A slim or skinny block can get into places were as the big blocks cann't in fleet washing.Do you have one that looks U shaped,8 or 10 in. for the rims?,its not the regular truck wash brush you see altime.Do you have sub pads 4,5 in. wide and bout 12 in. long for gluing inside a stack brush holder?...can you get?

Larry L.

Do you guys that do alot of brushing have special brushes for different kinds of eqt.Like one for the truck,one for trailers,stacks and rims.What kind of brushes do you use like wood or plastic with what kind of bristles?Does the sizes matter whether a 8,10,12 inch ect.?,how long are the handles on some of the brushes you have?

Dan S

Boy you are turning into a brush hog........LOL

I like the wood'ys ...

also the fiberglass ones are cool if you get the quick release ones . Those ones with the turny plastic thing sux.. and should be outlawed.. When you get dirt in them they just hang up and you turn and turn and turn ..........

Hey im back from camp for the weekend then off I go again next week .... I think I will stay there for another 3-4 days .... Ahhhhhh man you just gotta love camp....... no-phone... no elec ..(generator) no-water.......... No TV No wife . Oops...... She missed me I think !!

Larry L.

:) :) brushhog :eek:,,

Maybe we need to design a brush for fleetwashing and call it a brushhog,I know most of the truck brushes suck when it comes to getting into smaller tighter places.One buildit with a skinny block 12 inches long and looked like a "porky-pine" would work just fine.I could fall in love with brushing IF I could find one dat I loved to brush with,so for all I've found are like the woman I find, but did ok with what they had to work with.

Dave Olson

Hello Larry L,

Here is a picture of the 24" brush that we use. It is actually a floor brush. We get them at a local janitor supply house.

Dave Olson

Attachments

• 24 inch brush.jpg
    24 inch brush.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 93

Dave Olson

This is what they call a truck brush. Has stronger nap but not large enough.

We use the larger brush for most fleets. Put it on an extension handle for higher than 8 feet or so and use them without poles for tires, and lower body parts. Use it horizontally on the low and vertically on the high.

Dave Olson

Attachments

• 12 inch brush.jpg
    12 inch brush.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 89

Larry L.

Dave,do you use the 24 inch most of the time when fleet washing? if so,does it get inbeteewn the grab bars on the stacks and behind the mirrow braces.How do you get inbetween the wing braces on the back of the sleeper?Does the bristles on the 24" hold more water then the truck brushes,meaning want dry out after a few strokes?

Dave Olson

Hello Larry L,

We use the 24" brushes without a pole and we reach everything as high as a guy can reach. We also put a 24" brush on an adjustable pole and it gets everything up high. Yes these brushes can get behind mirror brackets etc.

Remember we apply our detergent with a hose-end sprayer. When the guys are brushing the soap is already on the surface all they need to do is move it around to break the cling. With the adjustable heads on our sprayers when they get to a dirtier unit or just part of one truck that has a lot more soil, they move a slide bar on the head and increase the amount of detergent being applied. All they need to do is return the bar to resume normal application ratios.

This is a picture of one of the adjustable poles that we use. I think it has about 4 feet of adjustment.

Dave Olson

Attachments

• adj pole.jpg
    adj pole.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 70

Larry L.

I didn't even see the curkerbur littlelong realized I put it there,until I reread it,sorry.

Thanks Dave

I know there has to be a art in brushing altho I didn't learn how to draw worth a fetter.

I have a flo-jet I prespray with but cann't control the amount of mix like you can on the go,I just double up on the pass or slow down where more chemical is needed.Not looking for speed tho just looking for some of the art you have learned in brushing :).There has to be a art to using a 24" brush by hand with no handle,it would be about the only way you could wash a tractor truck,"wouldn't it?",I don't see how you could control the 24" with a handle in alot of places or I should say the angle you would be standing in to get in some of the places.

I've offen wondered why wholesalers only carry just a few different type brushes,guess overhead.Its hard to find 12" and 14" soft bristle brushes around here,most places.Takes to long with a 8 or 10" brush unless you know of a art to speed it up :).

I don't think I'd look right trying to brush a truck with a 24" brush by hand,I don't likem dat much,its hard enough to get me to do it with a handle.After I screw the brush on the handle I drill a hole for a metal screw though the handle and part way though the brush.Nothing worth then having a spinning brush head on a handle,is they're a art in keeping them tight without the screw?

I'd like to have a 12 and 14" soft bristle brush that holds its supper,soft enough you could press down a little and get even farther back in some places.

Our Sponsors