Washing in a winter wonderland

Dan S

You Southern dudes >> eat your heart out !!

Attachments

• washing in a winter.jpg
    washing in a winter.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 376

Dan S

gonna blow this one up ,,,,,,,====

This is down a country road near where I wash a fleet !!!

Attachments

• buildings.jpg
    buildings.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 354

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Buy him a good rainsuit and he wouldn't get Cccccold,wind chil this morning was 19.I pulled up to a truck this morning and the driver was still setting behind the steering wheel.We watched me unroll the hose and he opened the door and said you got to be kidding me OR you fixen to wash my truck.I said yes why,he said ....man you know how cold it is you'll freeze,I said yes I'm not a panty... like you I can handle it.Sometimes I give the drivers heck,I call all of them want-a-be truckers lol.

I said last year Dan I wasn't going to wash in the snow nomore,I was useing hotwater and it wasn't even melting the snow under the trucks.It was a pretty day,bright sun shine,every little wind,it wasn't freezen on the trucks,will maybe a thin sheet of ice now and then.I'm going to set home and watch cowboys shows when its like that,to dangous.

oneness

Dan:

Oh yeah, I'm eatin' my heart out...Jealous as hell.....

It was very very very cold here this morning....in the 30s. supposed to be in the 60s today. Can't wait for this cold snap to end. :)

ShellBean_1

we normally shut down at 28 degrees it just seems like your wasting your time if it gets any colder than that.then there is also the liability! freeze a fleets lot then let one of them ya-hoos come flying in there hit the ice you left ,smash into three or four 100,000.00 tractors,well you get the point! i sleep in and drink more beer!!!

Dan S

Dont drink!!!!!!

Been doing this now going on 9 years and never had a problem!

There is always a "trick" to the trade................. Never even froze a door.....or..lock...or the lot ... well maybe in spots ........even @ zero and the wind blowing so hard it snaps the snot cycles right off your nose............

ShellBean_1

unless you mix antifreeze in your tank. i dont know how you could keep water from freezing in zero weather.hot water will freeze faster(i'm sure everone knew that)than cold,but i would love to here what you do.

Dan S

That is a myth.

Hot water does not freeze faster .........do your own experiment!!

put a cup of hot water outside and a cup of cold ....... now you tell me which one froze first......

I dont use anti-freeze at all ........
\yes I can wash in that temp and dont freeze any doors or lot.

bUt the temp now is 5 and I think I will leave the wagon in the barn.................not to mention the wind chill

Gwas

Dan,
Hot h20 will freeze first !!!!! It will crystalize first !!!! Freeze is the wrong word !!!!

Dan S

It will crystalize and disapate./evaporate not freeze.

I have never had any hot h20 freeze in washing ..... You can tell the difference when you turn off the heat and keep spraying the cold will freeze like a tight Onion onto the trk.Hot will not freeze it will evaporate before it freezes.........

I think where the Myth is >
Hot tap water in a cup sitting on a porch and a cup of cold tap h20 sitting beside it ...Heat will rise and form what you say Crystalize. Therefore appearing that it freeze's first................

ShellBean_1

I worked all day yesterday(here in ohio) & the temp was 30,windchill high teens.We used hot h2o all day washing 48' trailers.we would wet one side about half way ,then wash & during rinse the bubbles were already starting to freeze.When we got through with the trailer the entire side had a thin layer of ice on it & the pavement was frozen where the rinse water had ran off the trailer.Here is an experiment for you to try: Take a cup of cold water & a cup of hot water throw in on your sidewalk when the temp. is at zero.See if it evap. or freezes? This is what i mean when i say water freezes below 32 degrees,thus causing us to freeze locks,parking lots,etc.

Dan S

I know what you were saying ....all I was saying is I never have a problem with frozen doors,locks...etc..... Call me lucky !

Maybe it comes with age, Heck I dont know !!

Maybe your air is different then my air?

Or Maybe it's because we wash different!

For whatever reason >> Keep spraying !! ya' just gotta love this time of year! they are calling for -10 tonight. With snow flurries all week ..... @ least that is what a bud told me ... I havent checked the news yet!!

Our Sponsors