Bleach

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
I've seen alot of post of people saying they use bleach to clean this and that.

Do any of you fleetwashers use bleach in your soap mix to clean trucks?

I use it all the time . The only problem is the rust I get and the fume's. Not to many complaints yet !!!

Frank Hurt

Hey Larry
Never used any bleach on trucks as far as that goes I think the
wife may use it on the under garments.........

Scott Stone

I have used it on the inside of food trucks that needed to be sanitized. I have not used it on exteriors of trucks. The chemistry tells me that it would oxidize the paint faster, which means a dull finish.

Scott Stone

Larry L.

Gwas,Thats the reason I ask the Q'tion as to find out what it would harm,not to use it for awhile to find out!!!!.Like all your advice tho I thank you for sharing your knowledge in the NOWAY!!!! land,you didn't say how many finishes you killed as to know?????

Gwas

It harms nothing but dsepending on the level you use it can dull finishes. You see it the best on white.... It's alot like HF once you start with it you have to keep with it.... I hope that answers your questions....

Dan S

I betcha I havent used a gal. of bleach in 9 years in business!!

I drank about a half gal on new-years!!......LOL:)

Larry L.

Tony you haveta read between the lines,he didn't say what was in the half gal he drank,would even have been firewater.I can see how it could be overlooked at its meaning,bit it wasn't bleach nor crown he drank tho.More then likely it was that cheap stuff 'fighting Cock" or Old Crow'.

Yeah Gwas it almost answered my wonders,in other words a wittle dab want hurt nothing.By adding a wittle dab would I see a differents in cleaning or brightening.I'm just in the wondering stage b/c I breathe enough dangoues fumes already.

I've only used bleach 4 different times and it was to clean blood stains from accidents.Was told nomatter what I used to clean up the blood I had to use bleach in the stage of cleaning,said it was the state law to do so.

Ran into a person once that rinsed her mouth out with bleach to whiten her teeth.She was told by another person how they made their teeth so white but didn't go into detail as how to apply.After talking to the other person she found out she applied it with a small cotton sqab.Blisted the heck out of mouth and lips but her teeth were white as cotton

Dan S

It makes your PEE turn black though!

Funny as heck when you Just happen to be Pee'ing at your local Burger-king and you got an ole timer standing beside 'ya..........LOl

It's better then Moonshine Tony .......much much better !!

LOL LOL LOL LOL :) :)

* I assume no responsbility to any-one who drinks it by the gal *

You are on your own !!.................:)

Gwas

I used to use bleech in my soap at about 7-10%. I thought is was working !!!! Then I mixed up a batch without and It is very hard to tell the difference.... I do however use many different things in my soap. I have by far the best truck soap out there !!!!! Bleech would make the trailer smell clean !!!!

Larry L.

Thanks Gwas that answered my Q'tion...

besides I'm white headed enuff without the splashback you would get on ya.

EXTREME

I used bleach in the military for that "clean" smell. I did extra pushups for trying to fake the clean smell. I wasn't faking, just adding a little extra. The drill seargent didn't see it that way though.

Aplus

I can see where bleach would be effective if you're looking to sanitize. Soaps and acids don't necessarily kill various bacteria and viruses like bleach will.

Our Sponsors