low water

alvaro

Hi there,
I live in Europe and I’m about to start my own PW business, but there still a few doubts in my head:
What do you do when you run out of water far away from your base? Where do you usually refill your tank, what sort of shops are willing to supply water and how long does it takes to fill up a tank in an ordinary tap (if you fill it up from a tap)?
The reason I’m asking this is because I’m planning on add car lots on my services and there are dozens of them along the main road that crosses my state, so I expect to run out of water quite often. This mite look like a stupid issue but is holding me back a little.
Any comments will be very welcome.
Thanks

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
(1)What do you do when you run out of water far away from your base?

(2) Where do you usually refill your tank, what sort of shops are willing to supply water and how long does it takes to fill up a tank in an ordinary tap (if you fill it up from a tap)?

1..you go back and get more of it or find a place close enough to fill up.

2.. A few cities has a place you can fill up or you can rent a water meter from them.A few accounts will let you use their water supply,it will depend on how big your supply tank is as for as how long it will take.Some taps output is more than others,from 3 gpm to 8 gpm.

onecallpowerw

Larry,

I have been doing this for 8 years as of March 1 and we have always waited until it rained and just opened the top of our tanks. Was this not the way we were supposed to do it ?

Man......

alvaro

I said it was a stupid issue…
Just wanted to know my options. Fuel around here is quite expensive, and going back and forward several times a day is not good for profit.

onecallpowerw

Alvaro,

I did not mean anything by my post. You would not believe some of the questions on this board as well as others. You are learning and that is a good thing. The guys/girls that have been in this type of business usually just find it funny, thats all. Please do not take offense to anything I post for I once also asked these types of questions.

You will see, years from now that you will laugh also.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
:eek: lol,spring had better hurry up :).

Cann't never tell,water over there may be hard to get,they may still use pitcher pumps,know what dat is don't ya.

O

OrangeCrest

Ask the customer if they want you to fill up there or add it into the price. Transportation of the water, the price of the water, etc... Normally they will, always in my case, go with you filling up on site.

Our Sponsors