Gutter & Roof cleaning?

B

blacklabbear

Do any of you also clean roofs in addition to gutters? Most of the roofs I encounter are composite/asphalt that collect a lot of moss. What do you charge for treating it with a moss killer & then coming back & sweeping & hosing it off?

Also, when bidding on jobs (both just gutters &/or roof cleanings) do you go to the house to give estimates, or do you give estimates over the phone. I know someone who does it that way & he obviously saves time by not having to drive out to the project twice. I can't seem to feel comfortable with that method because I like to know what I'm getting into. I would like to try it though. What types of questions do you ask to make sure you're bidding it right?

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Tim Lynch

I did a few roofs in my days but being a one person biz and the dangers to life and limb and the customers roof I stopped. I just did not like doing the work, your supposed to like what you do right? :)

As for gutters I bid over the phone. It's easy to get a feel of what your into and if you get to the job and see otherwise you should still be covered in your estamate.

Most of the jobs I do are single story homes and the longest I've taken was 3 and a half hours. I charge a minimum for all jobs X number for the first two hours, and X number for every hour after. This way I am covered.

I mite of lost one job becuase I don't like driving 20 miles to do an estamte for X dollars.

Now this would be for residentail only commercial jobs you should be in person as they are larger and require more of a sales pitch.

If you think about it real hard the number of bizs that give phone estamates. Carpet cleaning, Appliance repair, Mobile home washers the list gets bigger.
Thats all I can add.

Last edited:

Our Sponsors