Kitchen Exhaust (ansel) cleaning specifications

SanDiego747

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!!! To be honest, I am helping a friend set up business. He has lots of experience cleaning kitchen exhaust systems for two different companies but he doesn't have a lot of business experience. I have some but not in this field. In order for him to get his liability insurance policy, the insurance agent wants to see what the specifications are for cleaning these sytems. HOW DO I GET AHOLD OF THESE SPECS! He can't start without the policy and he can't get a policy without the specs. Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give.

LEE

Flue Steam

I be honest straight out of the gate... If your friend with all the experience doesn't know, then he is not going into the right business!
The "specs" as you call them are in NFPA 96, I dont know what year San Diego uses...probably 1998.
If this is a partnership or if you are putting money in, THINK TWICE!
Also the "Ansel" (Ansul System) is a name brand, that is used in general like kleenex and tissue, but it is refering to the automatic fire suppression system, not the exhaust system, and if you don't have the proper training and license don't touch it!

PS. What insurance company is it you are dealing with that is not familiar with the industry? You might want to tell your friend to find an insurance company that knows about the industry so that he is covered with a rock solid policy.

Last edited:

Our Sponsors