black streaks on gutters

D

details78

another newby. I guess I've cleaned aircraft in the military for 13 years and homes/tractor trailers for the last 9 months. of course for some one else's business, not my own. Now as of today I am a business owner as well. Here in the mountains of NC we have a real problem with mold. I need a cemical that will clean black streaks from gutters and siding with out harming grass and plants. I am trying not to use bleach. I want this business to be eviromentally friendly. I really need your help. thanks

Aplus

Welcome Aboard!

This ones been covered many times. Try using the search function this board has, and I'll bet you can find all the info you need. If not, come on back and ask away!

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
A butyl based degreaser will clean the streaks, or an alkaline detergent.

D

details78

I thank you for your reply. Im sure this is a old topic. Ive been cleaning gutters for the last 9 months for my former boss, and know that some gutters are a pistol to clean. some even rub thru the paint. this is why I am looking for the best products possible. I drove to GA today and did buy the product you mentioned the butyl based chem. so I will give it a try. thanks

D

degraffreed

detail78.

What and where did you purchase the butly based cleaner for the removal of black streaks from the gutters. email me if you can not provide info here at degraffreeds@aol.com

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Most any good butyl based cleaner will remove those streaks.

We have several in our product line.

P

pldoolittle

Can someone post a before and after of your gutters. I've run butyl and butyl caustic at normal concrentrations with only marginal results unless you wanted to scrub.

Interestingly, although it's not an affordable option, Westley's BleachWhite (for tire whitewalls) is a true spray and rinse solution. I'v tested it in my own gutters and been amazed. It's lists sodium metasillicate as it's principal ingredient. Can some of our more experienced practitioners discuss why this product works so well and why it is not in general use in the PW inductry?

Finally, one last question. What is the difference (chemistry and application) of a butyl degreaser and a non-butyl degreaser?

Philip

dstay1

the purple degreaser at your local auto parts store works, and it's cheap. i pay about $8 for 2 1/2 gal. at autozone.

Our Sponsors