liability insurance group buy

Flue Steam

Has anyone contemplated a group buy of insurance for exhaust cleaners? Lets say 3-4 companies are due for renewal within a one month period, and as a group, they shop and seek out a discount by bringing other companies in to the insurance company. The discount may actually come from the broker and not the insurance company but it could amount to a nice little sum.

Thoughts??

SanDiego747

Very interested, the insurance agent that has been shopping for a policy for us has been taking forever and hasn't given us a quote yet but we are in dire need of any money that can be saved.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
I have a friend who is an insurance agent, and former power wash contractor, he is licensed to write coverage in the state of California only.

Rick at Leland Insurance 916 428-1309.........

Tell him I sent you.. Hope he can help. :)

SanDiego747

The Insurance Co. that Rick@ Leland Insurance is going to refer you to:

I just talked with Rick at Leland insurance and we had a pretty interesting conversation. He seemed like a real great guy and things started to become clearer as to why our insurance agent hasn't been able to come up with anything after 11 days. He said that didn't surprise him at all. He said all of the major insurance companies that were more than happy to write policies for kitchen exhaust cleaners (previously) are backing away in droves.(now) Too much liability it seems, if they have a fire (the restaurant of course) and it's because they weren't having the exhaust system cleaned often enough, they are going to blame the power washer. (no matter how clean it was when the power washer was finished.) This will incur a fee of around $20,000 just for the attorney costs according to Rick. He said that the best thing that he can suggest besides getting your insurance at "Joseph Walters Insurance" through "Bonnie "@1 800 878-3808 is to make sure you take digital photos of the job both before and after to show the difference that you have made with the date and time encoded and have a restaurant employee sign off on the job at completion. Say, just out of curiosity, how come this website says my message was posted at 1:00 am when it is 6pm -----this just in hot off the news wire.........my insurance agent just called up with a qoute considerably lower than what I was told would be offered by the cheapest elsewhere... not to besmirch any previously named names, so I will have to take a look real close at the fine print and see if I can give another recommendation. I will keep anybody who is interested posted. ;)

Last edited:

SanDiego747

By the way Mark,(moderator/sponsor guy) thank you for the referal to Rick at Leland Insurance, because like I said, he cleared some things up for me and was real friendly and encouraging. More than I can say for some of the responses here and special thanks and kudos for Michael Tessaro of Centex for the tip about Phil's forms. I've been trying to get a hold of your number so I can personally thank you but haven't been able to do so yet, so until I can, THANK YOU VERY MUCH BIG TIME-EVERY LITTLE THING IS HELPING GREATLY AT THIS POINT IN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!:D

SanDiego747

Well, there is a footnote or "*" that has to added to the previous post: Bonnie says she has no market in California, that it "closed up for them about a year ago". I'm not sure why or exactly what that all means but the bottom line is that there is one less insurance co. that does write kitchen cleaner/power wash policies for me to choose from.

Our Sponsors