van or trailer????????????

Dan S

i read those replys on ,what tank size?
and now i have an important question.. i haul everything in a 1 ton van ( old bread trk. ) i carry 425 gal of H2o.however the fram is going badd and i can get a inclosed trailer that can haul 2 ton it's 14 ' duel wheels, barn door and a side door for 3500.$$
but i dont know what is best it's nice to have everthing in one and im afraid that w/ the penn.winters that it would be hard to haul.and not to mention i need to back up and get H2o.. which is not a problem fer me.
i need to do something soon. i thought about welding the fram but am undecided..
confused.gif

------------------
have a great day and GOD bless!!!!!

Jaime

Dan, I'm from Pa and I know what you are talking about with the weather. I used a trailer for 4 years and did't mind it. But then I bought a new 10' GMC box truck. Best investment I ever made! I know it is a BIG investment but I personally like not have to have to back up and always try to find parking.
smile.gif
My truck is a single axle with a six cylinder. I know I know only a six but it is GREAT on gas and gets the job done! Jaime

Richard

Originally posted by Dan S:
i read those replys on ,what tank size?
and now i have an important question.. i haul everything in a 1 ton van ( old bread trk. ) i carry 425 gal of H2o.however the fram is going badd and i can get a inclosed trailer that can haul 2 ton it's 14 ' duel wheels, barn door and a side door for 3500.$$
but i dont know what is best it's nice to have everthing in one and im afraid that w/ the penn.winters that it would be hard to haul.and not to mention i need to back up and get H2o.. which is not a problem fer me.
i need to do something soon. i thought about welding the fram but am undecided..
confused.gif

Hey Dan;
I like trailers, if you set em up right and you can drop the trl and your workers at a job site and go do things if you need to.
personally if the van frame needs to be welded in one place it'll probally need welding in another reall soon, I'd play it safe and get the trl
just my opinion
biggrin.gif

Dan S

thanks JAIME and RICHARD.............
I DECIDED TO WELD THE FRAME for now and look for a new one later....i really think that going w/a van where everything is all in one is the only answer for me.....its so nice to have everthing where you can see it..i got ladders hanging on the wall,two 55 gal. of soap ,( on the floor) .wands, extra hoses, etc...etc....nothing gets wet nothing has to be covered when im done...another guy told me what richard did ...which is a great point,however when i go to a job im there untill its done and if i happen to need anything i call my pretty wife on the cell phone .so i guess i kn=inda answered my own questain .. w/ some help from my fellow
P-WERS....thanks again
redface.gif

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
I am thinking about going with a Van. I ahd one once years ago and loved it. Can be a pain sometimes but is nice having everything inside.

Any other thoughts?

washrite

We Thrive Under Pressure
I agree with Richard however I have never had a van so my answer is somewhat skewed. I just think the flexibility of a trailer vs a van is more important to me. Of course, I probably treat my set-up more like a van than a truck and trailer. I rarely unhook from the trailer. I have a shop I drive both into and shut the door at the end of the day but there are times I like to drop the trailer which include servicing both the truck and/or trailer, drop a crew and run errands, drop trailer for emergencies, etc... I run two machines off one trailer so if one goes down unexpectedly I can keep my helper working and I can go get any parts I may not have available. I usually have most common spare parts but not always.

One thing I try to do, which costs me more money, is make scheduled sales calls with trailer in tow. It is an open trailer and the potential customer can see the investment I have made to my profession. They can see I am not a Fly-By-Night pressure washer. I get many remarks and it actually is an ice breaker. I also keep the truck and trailer as clean as possible.

If I was up north and had the weather concerns you guys have I may would feel differently. I had an enclosed trailer and liked it a lot. I felt much safer when working out of town overnight. Just shut doors and lock but I have not had any issues with my open trailers. Open trailers are much easier to work out of. No snow down here either.

PressurePros

Vans for me. I sleep better knowing guys aren't maneuvering through the densely packed area I service with a rig. 600,000 people (not counting Philadelphia's 1m+) packed into a 20 mile radius. I have my vans laid out with a 10 gpm machine, 110 gallon reserve, roof pump, 40 gal chem tank, and tool shelves with three hose reels. Still plenty of room for carrying 6-8 pails of chem.

Our Sponsors